Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: freestyler8 - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just wanted to say how much smoother this plugin makes things for me. Being able to use the custom buttons on the skin, keyboard keys, and controller functions allows me to stop swapping from screen to screen or between two PC's. It gives me one interface that has things in the same location all the time. I work multiple setups configurations with the same general functions. So, while the light scenes and different light combinations are present, the cue's I want to run are similar. Wash, moving wash, blackout, freeze, strobe, and a few dance configurations can be set up on the same sequence numbers.

As with using the same equipment, the same sequence setups and custom buttons allow me to focus on other things around me instead of reading my screen to see where to click.

Thank you Scott

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 7:10 pm
RaspelControlleristMember since 2010
SBDJ wrote :
It's got nothing to do with money, there is a technical reason as to why this plugin cannot work with plus.

It would actually be possible to make a different version of the plugin that worked with plus however.

Hi SBDJ,
When you plans (if you plans) release version for VirtualDJ PLUS licence?
For now I use virtual cable driver but it´s uncomfortable and unstable.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 1:25 pm
Raspel wrote :
uncomfortable and unstable.

???

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 1:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just released a minor update to the plugin (v3.3):

* Fix an issue whereby the Generate Script wouldn't work for some people
* Add a the variables $fsvalue2, $fscommand2, $fsvalue3 and $fscommand3 to the existing $fsvalue and $fscommand to allow up to three commands to be executed on a single POI.

Also you can move this plugin to the SoundEffect folder and use it from there for use with non-Pro licenses.

Posted Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 2:31 pm
Multiple commands, nice. Thank you.

Posted Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 5:56 pm
Hello SBDJ greetings.

I noticed that the use of Freestyler plugin on VDJ8 makes closing the VDJ slower (about 10-15 seconds) when set a Remote IP and such IP is unreachable. Just for your knowledge to perhaps have some solution in future releases.

Best Regards.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 15 @ 5:33 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I do.

I'm adding macro support in the next version, so you can create a list of commands and then save that as a macro and tie that to a cue point.

Hi SBDJ,

Awesome plugin! Thank you.

Newbie question. Is there a guide on how to send command from VDJ to Freestyler? I would like to set cue points within VDJ songs to trigger scenes in FreeStyler.

Is it possible also to send command to trigger Freestyler sequences, as opposed to just triggering scenes?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 7:32 pm
lionhearten wrote :
"......Is there a guide on how to send command from VDJ to Freestyler?"

A few posts back (on page 6), I made two youtube video's with some basic functions. Maybe this will help you along?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 8:28 am
Hello all,

Is there a VDJscript to enable/disable the 'send beats' function and to enable/disable the 'send commands' function?

I want to use for some songs cue points and for song I didn't "program" I just want them to react to the beats. Or is there a better way to do this?

Posted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 7:08 pm
Roossien wrote :
Hello all,

Is there a VDJscript to enable/disable the 'send beats' function and to enable/disable the 'send commands' function?

I want to use for some songs cue points and for song I didn't "program" I just want them to react to the beats. Or is there a better way to do this?

Where you may want to do is create different cues and scenes. Have some scenes react to sound light or the beat function. Have other scenes just react as you set them. You can then call the different scenes from VDJ.Also, the overrides can be called.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 16 @ 10:26 pm
Hi SBDJ,

just a question. I am using an Asus-Notebook with Windows 10 and newest build of VDJ.

I have to start VDJ as Admin to send the commands of the Plugin to FS, but I mustn't start VDJ as Admin to use the "normal" Drag & Drop-Function.
What can I do to have both functions ???

Best regards,
Rag

Posted Mon 11 Apr 16 @ 4:24 pm
You don't need admin privileges to use the plugin...

Posted Mon 11 Apr 16 @ 5:14 pm
Strange.

Used it last weekend. First without admin privileges. VDJ didn't gave the signals to FS (FS in Admin-Mode to send the signals to the lights - without Adminrights it didn't worked).
Then changed VDJ to Admin-Mode, too and then the signals were sent to FS.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 9:02 am
You might want to check your windows firewall settings to be sure if it has been added as a firewall permission. It also matters on how you are asked about it depending on the user account control settings (UAC). I believe freestyler uses networking and that may be being blocked depending on firewall settings.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 3:46 pm
Don Moir wrote :
You might want to check your windows firewall settings to be sure if it has been added as a firewall permission. It also matters on how you are asked about it depending on the user account control settings (UAC). I believe freestyler uses networking and that may be being blocked depending on firewall settings.

You are correct about it using networking. In addition to checking the fir wall, enable file/printer sharing.
Public/private networks have different default settings. If you just click ok when installing software and it asks you about changing the firewall, it will install with restricted public network settings. Also, after you've established a home network, new networks will tend to default to public networks. So, if your using a venues wifi, and not your own (which I do not recommend), you may have restricted settings.

Posted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 12:59 pm
Any progress on the MAC version of the Freestyler plugin?

Posted Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 2:59 am
Mac version has been available for some time.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 10:35 am
SBDJ wrote :
Mac version has been available for some time.

Just found it will give it a shot and get back with you, Many thanks!

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 4:52 pm
I'm trying to use multiple commands in macro poi editor to select cuelist tab and cuelist
I have tried
set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 268,set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 279
and
set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 268 & set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 279
and
set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 279,set $fsvalue 255 , set $fscommand 279

these don't work, can someone please show me how to write it?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 16 @ 9:59 pm
Use fsvalue2, fscommand2, fsvalue3 and fscommand3.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 1:13 am
76%