Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Options to be altered via a skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Can I adjust the quantize number via a skin, also can I toggle auto gain between Auto & Auto+Remember? (from the skin also)

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 7:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Skins can have <oninit action="..."/>
You can use the action .. setting 'settingname' 'value' to set any option/setting to the value you want, but i would choose to add to the ONINIT of the keyboard (and possibly have several keyboard mappings for different cases), instead of using a specific skin

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 8:36 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I don't really follow you, are you saying that you can't change via the skin nor from a keyboard command, but with the ONINT it can set something once and hence if I wanted the setting changed on the fly I would need to load a variation of the skin/keyboard with the ONINT that I wanted.
If that is the case keyboard sounds much preferable, (and it will save me a lot of pain with my prototype mapping)
How would I change a keyboard mapping via a command?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 5:35 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My skin can change the quantize option on the fly (as well as Altern8 by DjTouchDan),

You just have to click on the VDJ logo !

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 5:56 am
But buy VirtualDJ first, please don't tease me fruit :-)
How is it done via this ONINT method or just command? I'd ask Dan but a for some reason writing about skinning seems to take him ages. (*pokes dan*)

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:25 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That is up to you friend.

I see you already know what to do...

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:31 am
locodog wrote :
But buy VirtualDJ first, please don't tease me fruit :-)
How is it done via this ONINT method or just command? I'd ask Dan but a for some reason writing about skinning seems to take him ages. (*pokes dan*)

Lol - i started a new full time job 2 weeks ago so that has consumed most of my time of late. Once i'm settled in and in a routine it should be easier.

The Wiki is almost complete - just making some minor changes. Good things come to those who wait ;-)

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:39 am
Well I had a crack at just the command via keyboard script and for quantize, it worked no problem, so I don't really understand what the Onint business was about.
Just for a bit of closure (since it was brought up here)
How would I switch keyboard mappings via script?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 12:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
ONINIT is used if you wish something to apply/set on launch. If you just wish to use an action by clicking on a button/key , then of course there is no need to use that.
There is no action to switch a mapping. You can only do that manually from the Config->Controlelrs tab

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:03 pm
Thanks for that,

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)