Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cue X while_pressed should be avoided. Because if you press another cue (without releasing the current one) you brake the "while_pressed" expression.
Also by default "cue X" action works as long as the button is pressed, so adding "while_pressed" is not really needed.

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do the most aprropriate script would be:

pause ? cue X ? cue X : goto_cue X & cue X : cue X

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The original script was an error of mine, (I didn't check at the time)

The original desire was hot cues to play only while held, but not to rewrite when paused

I tried this and it also causes the problem.
play ? cue_play 2 3000ms : hot_cue 2

*EDIT* found it
has_cue 2 ? cue_play 2 : hot_cue 2

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 6:50 pm
locodog wrote :
Doesn't the problem stop when you reload V8?

Well yes, after testing, it does... I was afraid to try the skin cues anymore after that, so that's my bad I suppose. Still, I reckon that needed to be reported. I just don't understand how it could happen..?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 8:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
cue X while_pressed should be avoided. Because if you press another cue (without releasing the current one) you brake the "while_pressed" expression.
Also by default "cue X" action works as long as the button is pressed, so adding "while_pressed" is not really needed.

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do the most aprropriate script would be:

pause ? cue X ? cue X : goto_cue X & cue X : cue X

Well, if you recall, I used that script you provided on all my hardware cues. It's almost there, but found it slightly lacking. So, I was just experimenting with one of the programmable buttons on the skin,with this other script that I ran across, to see if I could learn something useful. It seemed like the safest place. Really blew my mind, when all the other cues were affected that way!

PS >> I've read everything I can find here on the site regarding VDJ script, but there is obviously much more to learn. I would appreciate any additional information you might be able to point me toward.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 8:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try this, it's what I should have recommended to start with.

has_cue 2 ? cue_play 2 : hot_cue 2

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 8:50 pm
locodog wrote :
Try this, it's what I should have recommended to start with. has_cue 2 ? cue_play 2 : hot_cue 2

Thanks, I already have. It works okay if the track is at rest when initiated, but apply it when playing, and the track will stop and go back to that cuepoint. Also, it has the strange feature that if you continue to hold it for more than two bars, it will continue to play even after it is released. I think that is from the "cue_play" command.

Phantom's script works fine, except that you can never press two cues in an overlapping way, without loosing the play function.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 10:53 pm
We are hijacking fruit 's topic, but I will try to expand the cues script today so that it won't reset when 2 cues are hold. Ok?
Let's continue this discussion elsewhere...

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 1:39 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No problem gees you're very welcome :)

I'm happy that this problem is finally not related to my skin. Cheers :)

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 7:45 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We are hijacking fruit 's topic, but I will try to expand the cues script today so that it won't reset when 2 cues are hold. Ok?
Let's continue this discussion elsewhere...

Sure - you call it...

Fruit wrote :
No problem gees you're very welcome :) I'm happy that this problem is finally not related to my skin. Cheers :)

Me too. The strangest things always happen to me. Right now I'm getting deep piano notes and chords whenever I load a new track onto my decks in Serato DJ. Like I said... weird stuff...

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 3:35 pm
Fruit, is there an easy way to mirror the decks (left to right), or is that a very complex undertaking?

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 7:17 pm
awesome..

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 11:42 pm
Thx Tycoon :)

Richmond wrote :
Fruit, is there an easy way to mirror the decks (left to right), or is that a very complex undertaking?

There's an option for that :

- menu deck / mirror decks

In 0.7, the deck's SCREEN will also be mirrored (or not according to your taste).

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 2:39 am
I don't know, Fruit. I may not be smart enough to find it on the menu. I've thoroughly gone though everything in the menu under the Atomix logo, as well as the deck menu at the bottom of the mixer panel, and I don't find any such option. I'm using the four deck swap configuration, if that has any bearing.

I did find a reference to deck mirroring in the XML file, so I played around with the language in there a little, but it did not produce any immediate results, so I put it back the way it was and gave up on that route, until I can get some help in that area from someone more knowledgeable.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 11:03 am
build 2162

started getting this on right deck 2 deck layout

not sure whats happening

maybe because they did this -> -Added support for mask to skin cover

also getting this when scratching with right deck

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 2:45 pm
Same thing reported in the beta forum. Right deck only.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 4:59 pm
" $v8bf_decks_mirrored=0=0.00000,"

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 9:09 am
Okay... took me about six hours of trial and error hacking, but I finally figured it out! Unfortunately, it seems there just is no deck mirroring, in the 4 swap mode!

I couldn't find it, simply because it wasn't there. For me, reading the code is like trying to learn Chinese. But eventually, I realized that "0" at the end of the visibility clause was setting it to be invisible in 4 swap. If you only knew how much time I spent... just trying to find it in the menu! Lol... I figured it must be there if you said so.

Anyway I learned a little bit about what one can do, and a whole lot about what you can't, during this exercise. So from start to finish:

This is what I started with:
</submenu>
<item text="Mirror decks" action="toggle '@$v8bf_decks_mirrored'" check="var '@$v8bf_decks_mirrored' 0" visibility="var '@$v8bf_4swap' 0"/>
<item text="Swap decks" action="skin_panel 'swap' toggle" check="skin_panel 'swap' on"/>

And, this is what I ended up with:
</submenu>
<submenu text="Swap / Mirror">
<item text="Swap decks" action="skin_panel 'swap' toggle" check="skin_panel 'swap' on"/>
<item text="Mirror decks" action="toggle '@$v8bf_decks_mirrored'" check="var '@$v8bf_decks_mirrored' 0" visibility="var '@$v8bf_4swap' 1"/>
</submenu>

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 12:07 am
Hi there,

Sorry for the late mate, I've had a pretty busy long week end I couldn't spend time on the forum.

You're right, the mirror decks option is only available in 2 decks mode, I didn't realize we were talking about the 4 decks layout. In order to have it working, you do not just have to tweak a menu, but also prepare a bunch of code defining the new stance.

I will try to get the ability to work also with the 4 decks stance.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 6:29 am
I understand. We all get covered up from time to time. I need to get more familiar with the language and mechanics of the script anyway, somehow.

I'm making progress in the direction I'm wanting to go with this, but one thing that bothers me is that I cannot find any option in VDJ8 to reverse the default mixing (rhythm) wave to the proper left-to-right (same as the record) direction of movement. Do you know if that is still possible, as in older versions of VDJ? It is very important to me.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 9:24 am

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 9:29 am
57%