Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Reloop RP-8000 - version 8 support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reloop RP-8000 is now natively supported in version 8.
Just make sure you are running a software build that ends at .694 or higher (let the software run idle for a few minutes in order to silently update the controllers.dat file and relaunch)

We will provide a pdf file with the assigned actions, but here is a brief description..
CUES mode
Hotcues 1 to 8
Holding down the CUES mode button and pressing the 8 Pads, delete the Hotcues

LOOP mode
Loops from 16 beats to 1/8 beat
Holding down the LOOP mode button and pressing the 8 Pads, they perform a Loop Roll from 4 beats to 1/32 beats

SAMPLER mode
Sample trigger from slot 1 to 8
Holding down the SAMPLER mode button and pressing the 8 Pads, they behave as following...
- Pads 1 & 2, change the bank -1/+1
- Pads 3 & 4, change the Sample mode (select previous and next trigger mode)
- Pads 5 & 6, half or double the Loop of the selected/triggered sample
- Pad 7, empty
- Pad 8, record sample

USER mode
Slicer buttons 1 to 8
Holding down the USER mode button and pressing the 8 Pads, they trigger slicer 'hold', meaning that the triggered slice is memorized.

Note that the unit offers MIDI notes for almost all the buttons, sliders, knobs, but we only mapped the BROWSE encoder (and push) to navigate through files and load to the deck. It really makes no sense to map the pitch slider, the play button etc, as the main use of these devices is for Timecode Vinyls.
All these extra buttons and sliders are pre-defined, but not assigned in the factory default mapping

Big Thanks to Arnoldo for his cooperation

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 1:10 am
Ok I plan on getting these decks but I need to know if these current updates are reflected in VDJ as well??

Mainly the bpm readout on the decks themselves.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 5:52 pm
We can add. Will email Reloop to get the info we need.
Free to spend your money :)

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 5:56 pm
Haha!! Nice!!

Ok just so I'm clear these will act basiclly the same way with VDJ as they act with SDJ??

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 6:05 pm
Yeap

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 6:08 pm
And like that I'm broke again 😜

The wife is gonna kill me, lmmfao!!

Thanks for the time and info!!

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 6:14 pm

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:06 pm
I want to buy it too, but i just want to know if in dvs mode with time code, the bpm will be steady, cause with the cdj 2000 nexus, it is not when i move the plater. In HID its good but in DVS no good lol...

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 9:01 am
The Reloop RP-8000 will still show the BPM value that the software shows/sends. The only difference is that you will have 1 decimal digit on the display.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 2:18 pm
I'm having a bit of trouble, the pads work great, the readout is correct, but the right turntable (deck 2) pitch fader does not operate the virtual dj pitch fader in the same manner as the left one. It doesn't move the pitch fader or show the ghost fader when the 2 are in different positions. This is my only issue so far.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 1:21 pm
Did you map the PITCH key of the RP8000 ?
FYI, the RP-8000 is sending MIDI when the Pitch fader is moved, but this is not mapped by default since the unit is meant to be used with Timecodes.
You could however map it as ..
timecode_active ? nothing : pitch
but still not seeing how this could be useful.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 9:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)