Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Loading Tags not working - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I did not :( I did the first 880 songs by typing Artist, Remixer, Genre, etc all by hand... I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to looking something up, generally I tinker with it until I skip the basics and sudden am on advanced topics.

If you wouldn't mind saving the time of a Google-fu search and explaining to a rookie how to auto-tag with MP3Tag I would really appreciate it!

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 8:56 am
I'm HAVING the same Problem, THAT the Tags fields are NOT being Loaded (written) CORRECTLY onto the V8 Database.
It is UPDATING the Tag Data fields with WRONG information. It either switches the Tittle and Artists data (replaces the song tittle with the artists name) OR Leaves it BLANK..

This is ONLY doing this when you Load New SONGS in.

I Have NO Problems ADDING any new song to the V7 database..

AT THE MOMENT to CORRECT the V8 Database IS to DELETE it (rename) and Restart VDJ8.

Because it Did Not find a Database, it CREATED a new one (base on the info from VD7) with the CORRECT Tag fields Data.
With the New Database, I Lost all the information that gets added when RUNNING VDJ8. THINGS like Cue points, played counts, played dates, SCAN/Not SCAN (analyzed), etc.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 9:32 pm
@JRamJams
maybe turn off get tags from file names maybe the names of the files are reversed or wrong.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:36 am
@Wickedmix
Tags (fields & Data) are RIGHT (not reversed or wrong) .
Again. I Loaded the Same Files (with same tag fields) into VD7 AND have NO PROBLEMS..

All my PRIOR files on VDJ8 are Correct (looking at any file using the Browser and the tag editor).

This Must of Started a FEW Updates Ago.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 11:00 am
i am adding files daily and i am using current beta ...... not seeing this issue on window 7 64 bit

maybe you have a mac?

maybe one of the bad files can be uploaded someplace so others can test one of them and verify it....

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 1:01 pm
Also Using a PC with windows 7 64bit.
Again The files are NOT BAD Before using VDJ8.
Files in Question are the PromoOnly downloads JUST Released (during the week)

Again. I Loaded the Same Files (with same tag fields) into the VD7 Database AND Got NO Issues (PROBLEMS).

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:18 pm
name one of these promo only files i can test i subscribe to them as well

if its not every files then it has to be a issue with specific files soo lets test name one please

only way it can get fixed is if we can duplicate the problem

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:53 pm
Can All this be CAUSED with FILENAME having an - (Hyphen) symbol

Let me TRY to explain;
1. I UPDATED two MP3 file NAMES (modified the Title name)
These file names Do Not have a - (hyphen) in the filename (written as "Title Name (Artist Name).mp3")
Results from VDj8 is: THE File Name is PUT in the TITLE Tag field and the ARTIST Tag field is BLANK..

2. I ADDED some New KARAOKE files. As Part of the File Name the Hyphen Symbol (-) is USED (Title name - Artists)
Results from VDj8 is: The ARTIST Name is IN the TITTLE Tag field and THE TITLE is IN The ARTIST Tag field (as in REVERSED)

The DATA (Tag Fields) are Correct when starting VDJ8.

ANOTHER PROBLEM
that is Occurring is That the YEAR Tag field is BEING LOADED with the Year 2000 WHEN the Tag field is BLANK (to start with).

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 3:13 pm
i tested a file with this naming scheme "Title Name (Artist Name).mp3"

when the file has no tags all the file name goes in the title field

when the track has tags it works as expected

also i can't duplicate the year 2000 in the year filed when its empty sorry i tried on both accounts

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 3:24 pm
Are You Using (ADDING) 1ST TIME files (New / First Seen and NOT Analyzed)
and
Tag fields filled
EXCEPT the YEAR

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 4:41 pm
yes

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 7:11 pm
Wickedmix.. Thanks for your Feedback.
I Must be the ONLY ONE Here having this Issue..

Did you Used a TAG Editor program. If Yes WHAT Is It (I used eMusic Tag Editor)

I would Take a Downloaded file (from PromoOnly Pool) with a filename already written as Blinded By The Light - Julian Jordan Dance. and
using the Tag Editor (eMusic Tag Editor) I wound RENAME it to Blinded By The Light (Julian Jordan)
I would also
Change the Genre to "00s Dance" (from Dance) and Add the "2015" to the Year (tag field), since it was missing (for some odd reason PromoOnly doesn't include the year on single file downloads)

I do this for all the files I get to Download (Daily, weekly express, and monthly series). After I have enough files (it seems to be @100 per week)
I Then move these updated (modified) files into my Music Folders (external Hard drive), and START up VDJ (first V7 since I Still use it) and then V8)
I Go thur the process of RECURSE and Selecting files that are NEW and NEED to be ANALYZED (a using filter folder).

In VDJ7 I SEE NO PROBLEMS (with files and their tag fields).
In VDJ8 I SEE PROBLEMS the tag field data..

All MY OLDER files (Tag Fields) Have BEEN GOOD in VD8 (and VDJ7)... Before the Last Few Updates (don't know which updated this issue).

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 8:43 pm
i only use the tag editor to prep files so they would be the way i though u may have had them when u loaded them the first time ...
i used mp3tag -> http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
its a free program

i recommend u set it to tag with id3v2.3 tags only this is what vdj8 uses natively

maybe it will help i don't know

there is one thing i believe vdj7 reads id3v1.1 tags and vdj8 does not read those maybe your files had those kind of tags i don't know

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:29 pm
I Have and used mp3tag to update my video files Tags (since eMusic Tag editor does not Read MP4 files).

How can I Tell What ID Tag my files are (id3v2.3 or id3v1.1).

Again.. I Had No Problems with ALL my OLDER files (modified using eMusic Tag Editor).

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 12:19 am
Using mp3tag editor, I can SEE id3v2.3 (id3v1 id3v2.3) as My TAG ID on the files giving me Problems.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 1:22 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
VirtualDJ is parsing the filename as Artist - Title.
So yeah, if there is no - all the filename infos would go into the artist field.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 2:33 am
u might give the new BUILD 2345 a try there are a lot of improvements in relation to tagging

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 10:58 am
PachN you wrote.. VirtualDJ is parsing the filename as Artist - Title.
So yeah, if there is no - all the filename infos would go into the artist field.

WHY is THIS STARTING NOW.. I had NO Problems BEFORE (prior Updates)..

Wickedmix.. I will update to 2345 and TEST (Load new Files)..

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 6:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)