Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Default Skin Edit????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Are we allowed to make changes to the default skin? I changed a few colors and added some graphics... Just didn't want to run into any copyright problems or anything.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 11:52 am
While i like that you've done with the browser colors (i did the same in v7) i wont be getting this skin as people who would see my screen would think im DJ BEECEE. its too prominent on the skin for my liking.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:06 pm
The skin isn't for everyone to use... It's customized for me. I'm just asking the higher ups if it was OK for me to customize the default. Sorry for any confusion... Again, this is just a mod I did for myself to use. I like seeing my name....sorry.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:11 pm
I think it's OK to personalise it for your own use, as you don't intend to share it or upload it here.

If you modify a skin in some way that's useful to others (and you wanted to upload it) then you'd need to ask the author & credit them on your skin page.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:43 pm
Cool... Yea, it's just for me. Thanks for the insight.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As long as you have the VirtualDJ logo on the skin, there is really no issue on modifying and using such a skin.
However, skin variations of the any skin, that only offer a different background color and minor changes to the original one will not be accepted in our download pages. Its a common sense after all, or else we will end up with a bunch of skins like .. Black version, red version, pink version lol.. etc.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 3:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I tried removing the VDJ logo with V7, It fought back in a BIG way.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 4:09 pm
Point taken "djdad." Again, this is just for personal use.... Thanks for the official reply. Check me out tho.....

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)