Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need help with this issue thanks.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey folks.

I've been practicing my beat maching, and one thing I've been noticing, is that even though I get the timings right,
and the BPM of both songs are the same, when both songs are playing mid-transition, they seem to slowly go out
of sync.
Why does this happen if they're both playing, supposedly, at the same speed
is there any thing I can do to fix this issue ?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 4:47 am
How is this a PC technical issue? :-)

Anyway, just because tracks have the same BPM analysis there's no guarantee that the tempos will be 100% identical - unless you play the same track on each deck in sync.

A BPM figure in VDJ is taken as an average. It's not a live reading, which means that it's possible the track may slow down or speed up in places.

The older the track is, the more likely this will be the case. This is where the art of DJing comes in. It's the DJs job to keep tracks like this in sync as they play.

There are ways around it, such as using Ableton Live or similar to 'warp' the track (even out the tempo) but this is not possible in VDJ yet.

However, VDJ 8 does have "flexible beat grid markers" which you can painstakingly add throughout your track to manually mark the points where the tempo changes.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:02 am
i have an issue where my vdj wont really bet synch, sure it will make picth the same, but wont match the beat at all in allmost no songs, i have made the same songs mix in other dj software where the synch off hot cues and genereal bet synch worked perfectly, but it wont really in vdj,,,, and it saddens me cause i spent 150 dollars on it,,,,,, maybe im doing something wrong buti cant get it too work, got a reloop beat mix 4 controller

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 9:17 am
I've actually been having this same issue lately. I've been using VDJ for years and up until I bought my latest laptop, it's been great. Over the course of my dj career, I've used a Dell Inspiron E1700, Dell Precision M4300, Dell Studio, a couple HP machines, a Dell XPS 15, a Windows Surface Pro, Toshiba Satellite, an Asus minibook and all have worked fine. So after years of wanting one, I finally bit the bullet and purchased an Alienware and all of a sudden - Boom - beat mixing no longer works right.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:13 pm
More detailed info required....

Are you literally just using a computer? No controller or other external hardware involved?

What version of VDJ?

Have you only experienced this on the one computer? In other words is it computer specific or software specific?

Please give an example of at least one pair of tracks that display this behaviour when you try and mix them together.

This way, others can try it and then determine if it's the tracks, the CBG analysis, the computer.......

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 3:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)