Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Novation launchpad mapping vu meter

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all, i'm new to this forum and also to vdj scripting :)

i'm making my own mapping of the novation launchpad and i've already been able to set the volume control with leds changing colors and so on...but i can't find a way to display a 8 button vu meter!
so what i want to do is to take a column of my launchpad and convert it to a vu meter with the 3 lower buttons green colored, 3 buttons in the middle colored of yellow and the top 2 red.

I tried many ways using the get vu_meter command but i don't know what output it actually gives (is it a percentage, a value between 0 and 1,..., ?) the problem i think is that i whant to do that on 8 different buttons when usually vu meters are grouped buttons...any ideas?

an example of what i got by now is: <map value="LED_G_7-2" action="var "$mode" 1 ? deck 1get vu_meter min 15% max 30% ? on : off" />
but of course it doesn't work

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
i have just now opened the definition file of the launchpad and now i'm thinking that if it would be possible to regroup 8 buttons in one maybe i could use them as a vu meter...what do you think about? is it possible?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I also work on the mapping of the launchpad and now I planned to put a meter. I think it is quite possible. I look at it as soon as possible

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:38 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
finaly it's very simple :

for the master right and left together :
get level & param_greater 88% ? get_constant red
get level & param_greater 77% ? get_constant orange
get level & param_greater 66% ? get_constant yellow
get level & param_greater 55% ? get_constant yellow
get level & param_greater 44% ? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 33%? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 22% ? get_constant green
get level & param_greater 11% ? get_constant green

for the right or left level : get level_right or get level_left
for the decks 1 level : deck 1 get level_right or deck 1 get level_left

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:15 am
yeah dude! i love you all guys! :D works great, i'm exalted now xD

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:25 am
Almost very useful, what Ive got is
<map value="LED_G_5-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 20% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_4-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 50% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_3-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 80% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_2-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 90% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_R_1-4" action="get level_left &amp; param_greater 97% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_5-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 20% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_G_4-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 50% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_3-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 80% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_A_2-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 90% ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_R_1-5" action="get level_right &amp; param_greater 97% ? on : off" />
Obviously change the position of the leds but it works

Posted Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 6:19 pm
Thank you for the code. Looks good.
I use the launchpad in combination with cdj's and an external djm, almost only for samples.
So if you have more code I could use on the launchpad, please do not hesitate to share.
I don't now much about the coding. So I adapted the original mapper.
But for instance the command 'get beat' I use on the cdj does not work on the lauchpad.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)