Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 LIMITER & WAVE FORM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do you turn it off....waaaaay too harsh- also can I change the waveform colour so at a glance I can see at what point I am in a tune - as I have it the whole track is in red (or blue) with only a small curser to identify where I am in the track at a glance. Thanks

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 8:15 pm
mattfinlay wrote :
How do you turn it off

You can't.

mattfinlay wrote :
waaaaay too harsh

Then you're waaaaay too loud!

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 3:14 am
No, I am not too loud but do require a bit of headroom on some tracks and expect gain pot to behave like a gain pot

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 8:31 am

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 8:45 am
I absolutely LOVE VDJ and the team of professionals behind the design and support, however, I could easily prove your LIMITER theory to be wrong. I work with a professional $500,000 stage rig every weekend in the one of the largest clubs in Canada. It has been professionally set up, intstalled and maintained. VDJ8 has a serious problem with LIMITER. Our 2 pioneer ddj-sz and pioneer ddj-sx boards all have proper values with VJD7. When we use version 8, you can play all you wish with the gains, eq or master and not find a happy adjustment that makes sense.
Please don't start criticizing ones experience of operation and use it to answer all these posts.
The BEST way to satisfy clients is to re introduce a on - off switch to the limiter. Let the operators choose and learn what makes great sound.
VDJ shouldn't care about forcing sound to be clear for a NON-PROFESSIONAL. Please don't be like Ford motor company.......making cars that drive themselves....making bad drivers worse!

Posted Thu 18 Sep 14 @ 10:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What is your setting for zeroDB?

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:30 am
nimodjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
why the limiter work bad on virtualdj infinity ? limiter more better work virtualdj 7 pro. i buy infinity but i am not happy with it. they must sorted this promlem very fast

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:53 am
nimodjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
my zeroDB is 1.0000 but i try this 0.750000, 0.050000, 0.000000, 2.000000, 6.000000 but nothing change it. i pay to much money for infnty but limiter work bad. pls sorted this problem other wise u will lost to many djs. this a not big problem just u need to give out limiter profasional settings so we can do how we like it.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:05 am

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 5:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)