Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VOLUMES SLIDERS ON FULL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just received latest update. Why are the volume settings set full by default. Getting irritated about this especially when you re-map also how do you disable faders as on my Gig lap top using ADJ mxr19 Volume has to be set full to see Video I want this disabled also on slider. VDJ 8 is useless at the moment to me with regards to Karaoke until I get advice on this please.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Deck and Master Volume faders are set by default to 100% on launch. That was the case with VirtualDJ 7 as well, so I am not sure what u mean.

To unlink video strength from the volume faders set the setting videoVolumeLink (Config->Options->Advanced Options) to No

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:52 pm
Hi Djdad

Did that change with out effect. Out of interest why are they set on full. Not tried since latest update of today.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:10 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you can add a additional command to the oninit:

deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0%

so the sliders should be down to 0 when launching VDJ

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:32 am
Thank you Rob . How do I disable the Volume sliders so they don't interact with Video as they have to be full on to see Video on external screen .

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:34 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
djdad wrote :
To unlink video strength from the volume faders set the setting videoVolumeLink (Config->Options->Advanced Options) to No

If you change your settings like djdad mentioned, it should work fine. So, no matter if deck volume is 0 or 100%, you can always see the video on your external screen.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:48 am
Great tip, thanks! I was searching like crazy at a wedding last Saturday and the Karaoke singers were all over the place (Vocally), and I have to use the cross fader to adjust music volume, and it was a pain. Thanks again!

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 8:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)