Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Browser Changes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to change the font size of the Playtime and the Playlist:

In VDJ7 i can change the foldericons. Is there a way to change the foldericons in VDJ8?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:34 am
what skin do you use?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 5:35 pm
DJ-Elliot wrote :

In VDJ7 i can change the foldericons. Is there a way to change the foldericons in VDJ8?

Anny Ideas how to change this? Actually i'm using the VirtualDJ 8 Soft Gold Skin.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:30 am
Can someone explain how to change this?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:01 am
As far as I know yes you have to make a customicones and add same lines to the xml check the skin blackshiphd I believe. open the xml and scroll down until you find the browser section. If is not the one look up for the newest skin for vdj 8 one of them is made with customicons

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 3:11 pm
DJ-Elliot wrote :

Okay I've find a way to add some custom Icons. But how can i change the Fontsize of PLAYLIST and Playtime?

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:16 am
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
The only solution is to change the size of all the menus!

Edit the xlm file, search the word "regbrowser" and change the font size value on the 2 browsers (regbrowser and bigbrowser)

[...]
<fontsearch size="16"/>
<font size="16" />
<fontheader size="16" />
<fontgridtitle size="16" />
[...]

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 7:32 am
Dodge57 wrote :

[...]
<fontsearch size="16"/>
<font size="16" />
<fontheader size="16" />
[...]

These options do not change the size of "Playliste" & "Playtime". I'm looking for a way to change the fontsize of these two elements.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:45 am
I suggest sending an email to djtouchdan or djdad. They would know.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 6:20 am
I haven't been able to find the code to directly influence those text lines - i think they are relative to the overall font size.

But i did try this code:
<browser>
<pos x="12" y="560"/>
<size width="1897" height="508"/>
<fontsearch size="16"/>
<font size="26" />
<fontheader size="16" />
</browser>

The i used the font size buttons to minimize to the lowest - the still kept every legible but did make those options bigger.

Obviously your screen resolution will determine how high you can go on your font size. Mine is 1920x1080 but a smaller resolution could use bigger font sizes.

You will need to replace the existing <browser> element with the code above.

EDIT: on second thoughts i'm not convinced that change it either. I think it is purely linked to the screen resolution. Maybe djdad knows different.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 6:32 am
Thanks for the information! I have tested it and I've found that the value <font size="26" /> must be changed.
Unfortunately, i can not change the value for "Playlist" and "Playtime" individually. This would be a suggestion for improvement!

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 4:06 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yup I can confirm it would be nice, especially when showing the sideview in a confined space.

Of course the height of the header line would decrease according to font size !

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 6:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)