Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playlists and Side List

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Wonder if you could shed some light on what I am doing wrong! :-(

If I choose to load my saved playlist into the side list instead of automix, when I delete them tracks from the sidelist it deletes from the playlist. What is causing this to happen is this correct or a bug. Just wondering really. Great update to the software, thanks atomix.

Daz

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:31 am
Makes sense to me (Mr Logical).

If you load your playlist onto the sidelist, then playlist = your sidelist and sidelist = playlist.

Therefore if you delete something from your sidelist, you're deleting it from your playlist.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:43 am
Thanks for the quick response!

So if the playlist is the sidelist then what is the point of having the sidelist or the playlist why not just have one or the other??

I know ... I'm being thick .....

Second question as well if you can help ... Where do loaded but not played songs goto?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
They're two different things (at least that's the intended purpose).

The sidelist is kind of a storage area for tracks that you might play.

The playlist is usually what you'd load for use with automix - and indeed in VDJ 8 there is no playlist. It's now just called automix.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
That was confusing but I think I got it lol.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 1:35 pm
Having trouble with playlists I place all the tracks I want in the Center window then drag them into a new playlist once in there all seems fine. Now when I return to this playlist later on the order has now changed. If I thrn reposition the tracks again there is no option to save the playlist as there was before what am I doing wrong

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 2:11 am
right click the column header and click reset order and it should be the way you created it

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 5:27 am
wickedmix wrote :
right click the column header and click reset order and it should be the way you created it

+1

It took me a while to figure that out. I can now take an old set list and sort it to find something I need and then to reset the sort order to bring it back to how I played them.

joe...

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 2:34 pm
I have 2 questions:
1) how do you change the digital clock at the top of VDJ 7 pro so it reads the correct time
2) Having just installed VDJ 7 and after loading my tracks into the centre browserI wanted to make up some playlists. so dragged the tunes over but only managed to get 30 mins worth. When Ive used the playlist on a friends before, I can load an unlimited amount of tracks. How do i get the unlimited amount of tracks into the playlist?

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 2:21 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
jeffnation wrote :
I have 2 questions:
1) how do you change the digital clock at the top of VDJ 7 pro so it reads the correct time
2) Having just installed VDJ 7 and after loading my tracks into the centre browserI wanted to make up some playlists. so dragged the tunes over but only managed to get 30 mins worth. When Ive used the playlist on a friends before, I can load an unlimited amount of tracks. How do i get the unlimited amount of tracks into the playlist?

I reads your computer time. Clicking on it will change its layout differently depending on the skin.

I am not aware of there being a time limit. I have several hours in a few lists and did not change any setting.

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)