Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: browser customization

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
i'd like to create a plugin that will alter browser content providers.

The steps i need to implement are the following:
1. The plugin will allow the DJ to log in to a site.
2. Once logged in, the plugin will then show a list of content providers that the DJ has access to.
3. The plugin only allows the DJ to select or search for songs from the content provider set by the site.
4. The selected tracks are then downloaded and played through the VDJ.
5. Once the DJ logs out, the tracks are only cached for a set period of time before they delete themselves.

Is this possible by using a custom plugin or it needs an alteration of the browser to allow such customizations?

Thanks,
Vio

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:42 am
Sorry, this is not currently possible and probably never will be for the following reasons:

1) A user could make a plugin that allows music to be downloaded illegally directly from within VirtualDJ which would tarnish the software's reputation. While such a plugin would never be approved officially on the VirtualDJ site, it would be very easy to distribute it unofficially via 3rd party websites.

2) A 3rd party content provider plugin even if using legal sources would take away revenue from both us as well as our existing content plan provider partners. Any new content plan provider would need an official agreement with us and as such would be officially integrated by us directly within the software just like the current existing plans.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:16 am
Thank you for your prompt answer.
I suspected that it can't be done but didn't hurt to ask a question :)

Regards,
Viorel

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)