Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Psychofrakulator wrote :
Sorry, I don't know crap about audio software programming. :D I just thought if I can root the pre-listening player to a certain channel of my external mixer, why not the sandbox?

Yes, but then how do you tell your mixer that normally you want the output from your first and second channels to go to your main speakers, but during sandbox it should be the output of the third mixer, but the first and second should go in your headphones only, but you still want to mix first and second together using the faders?

Sandbox is as much a "mixer" feature as a player one, so it cannot be done with an external mixer unless this mixer has been built with integrated sandbox feature (and obviously none had yet, though who knows what the future holds)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:58 pm
it's like if you asked "I want the "adjustable crossfader curve" option of virtualdj to work with my external mixer too". It's a feature of virtualdj's mixer, if you use another mixer you cannot have it ;)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:00 pm
I just tested the video output and the image is dark not as bright as the previous version. I have tried the previous version and it is ok but with version 8, it is really darker and also the Virtual DJ logo cannot be hidden.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:05 pm
chrische wrote :
and also the Virtual DJ logo cannot be hidden.

Options -> advanced -> search 'logo'

;)

Your other issue i am unsure of.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:07 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
chrische wrote :
and also the Virtual DJ logo cannot be hidden.

Options -> advanced -> search 'logo'

;)

Your other issue i am unsure of.

Confirmed. The logo can be hidden. select "advanced options"
Also, video could be dark because it's tied to the volume fader and the fader may be low.

The video looks GREAT. Better than ever....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
Make sure the video crossfader is moved to the player. It is in the middle by default.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
The only thing I don't like a bout the video is the start and end point of a transition. Wish this could be adjusted so that the transition of the video doesn't start right away with the crossfade of the audio. This could be adjusted in a skin. But, native control would be MUCH better.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:17 pm
I just downloaded and installed. When I boot up VDJ (with my DDJ-SX) I get an error window that tells me: This plugin does not seems compatible with VDJ 8
I can click "OK" and then use some of the options to play music, but when I turn some (specific) knobs at my SX, I get the same error over and over again.

Now I'm going to search a DDJ SX skin in the downloads :) If there is any :)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:20 pm
just trying it out. Lots of cool new features. I can't seem to find the video clip bank effect though. I used that a ton for background ambient video effects in vdj7. Is this feature still there somewhere?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:21 pm
Disable auto crossfade, disable link to audio crossfader.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:21 pm
royvanmeel wrote :
I get an error window that tells me: This plugin does not seems compatible with VDJ 8

After you see that message, check the plugins list (click the triangle on the right of the effect name in the skin) and see which effect says it's not compatible.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:23 pm
royvanmeel wrote :
I just downloaded and installed. When I boot up VDJ (with my DDJ-SX) I get an error window that tells me: This plugin does not seems compatible with VDJ 8
I can click "OK" and then use some of the options to play music, but when I turn some (specific) knobs at my SX, I get the same error over and over again.

Most likely you use a custom mapper that tries to load a plug-in on the init of the device (perhaps a custom filter plug-in ?)

Anyway, Go to Documents\VirtualDj\Mappers make a backup of your current SX mapper and then delete the file and try again

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Noticable sound quality improvement :-D
Loving the font zoom in the browser :-D :-D
Will release version for PC be 64 Bit?
Is reversing the direction of the waveform scroll still possible?
So far so good. No glitches on my laptop. Going to try it on my Gig PC as a secondary install. Dont want to install over V7 for a good while yet.
Many thanks to all the Atomix Team for all the hard work :-D

Daz

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
Two gigs today so quickly looking at software in between tracks but so far Impressed with how fast folders open . Can't wait to get home .

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey ! love vdj .. can i start using my akai apc 20 for video samples with my ns7 II ?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:30 pm
groovindj wrote :
royvanmeel wrote :
I get an error window that tells me: This plugin does not seems compatible with VDJ 8

After you see that message, check the plugins list (click the triangle on the right of the effect name in the skin) and see which effect says it's not compatible.

None of the effects tell me they are incompatible.
Looks good...

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
royvanmeel wrote :

Mapper folder is empty. Fresh install so I haven't changed anything yet.
Most likely you use a custom mapper that tries to load a plug-in on the init of the device (perhaps a custom filter plug-in ?)

Anyway, Go to Documents\VirtualDj\Mappers make a backup of your current SX mapper and then delete the file and try again

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:33 pm
djskippy1981 wrote :
just trying it out. Lots of cool new features. I can't seem to find the video clip bank effect though. I used that a ton for background ambient video effects in vdj7. Is this feature still there somewhere?

Oh Crap, I use that ALL the time. Can't find it either

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:36 pm
Loving: Sounds great. Wave forms super smooth. Filter a vast VAST improvement over the old one. Bundled instruments a great touch (but needs more). Recognised and configured my controller with zero buggering about.

Room for improvement: Needs to have coloured waveforms enabled by default (was hard to find in the configuration). Out-of-the-box effects no better than VDJ7, and not a patch on what you get out of the box with Serato DJ (both in terms of quality of the effect, and Serato's ease of controlling an effect effectively with a single knob). No timeline mode.

Picky feedback: Don't like the default skin. Don't think it looks as professional as Serato or Traktor. (Sorry!)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:36 pm
Wow, wow, wow and wow. This is simply a brilliant upgrade from 7. I especially love the MASSIVE improvement in video for Mac. Very well done to all concerned.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:37 pm
11%