Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer CMD Studio 4a windows 8.1 possible driver issue ***HELP*** - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone. I thought I would throw in my tuppennce worth of advice here. I use the CMD Studio 4a with Traktor Pro 2 and here's some things I found out.

Laptop/PC soundcard usage: avoid if possible, especially if you hot swap your laptop for use with a TV using hdmi for instance. Also Windows updates to yor soundcard could upset things.

Output: always make sure your fader is up on the desk or amp etc that you are connected to; the controller does not like it if there is nothing at the other end.

I am in a latency nightmare at the moment. 'All of a sudden' I am getting drags and gaps in tracks (sometimes called stuttering). I have 2 ASIO options for the 4a in my Audio Setup in Trackor and the one that works is a "2 speakers" only I therefore lose my monitor! Very annoying. Anyhoo the ASAIO listed here appears to be newer than that one I installed.

So what I am after here is some input :) as you how I can cleanly remove the existing ASIO that relate to the 4a.

I am on the verge of rebuilding the laptop to be honest, but it was a bl**dy faff to set up the 4a with Traktor. Even with the tsi I had to manually map some key settings. I guess the NI boys really, really don't like peeps using budget controllers I guess. Plus I get the feeling they are very much Pro apple . The whole look and feel of Traktor is anti-Windows. For instance when I first tried to get to all my tracks starting with "S" and automatically did the Windows thing of hitting the "S" button on my keyboard ... I discovered that STOPS EVERYTHING ha ha!

The 4a is awesome by the way and do NOT let anyone advise you differently :)

My main piece of advice for any digital DJ is: always have a vinyl deck set up and cued .. if you have to do a reboot mid set .. put on an extended mix lolzzzz :)

Posted Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 9:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)