Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer CMD Studio 4a windows 8.1 possible driver issue ***HELP*** - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey i just bought a new windows 8.1 laptop so that i can use virtual dj and try to take over the world......

However my laptop will not recognize the audio portion of my Behringer CMD sTUDIO 4A controller!

All th buttons knobs faders and jogs seem to work just fine, but i am not able to assign the headphone and output for some reason!

I love my controller it is cheap loaded with features and right now i can't use it with my new lap top because of this issue.

Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 1:28 pm
Have you installed the ASIO driver?

Does Windows recognise there's an external audio device when the 4A is connected to the PC?

If Windows recognises it, then so should VDJ.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 1:42 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 2:37 pm
everytime i try to install that driver it fails. not sure why. it just does.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 11:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
cam you post a screenshot of the error you re getting ?

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 11:33 am
here it is

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 10:11 am
i tried the latest drive and the one before it neither will go though the installation process.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 10:13 am
Drivers mention Win8, but not Win8.1, so i would contact Behringer to find out if the error is OS related

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 2:19 pm
tired to no direct line to there tech support....

Posted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 10:49 am
Have you tried right-clicking the Driver installer and select "Run as Administrator" ?

Posted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 1:47 pm
will try it now.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 8:43 am
i am administrator on this pc. i think it is the fact that the driver is not for 8.1.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 8:53 am

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 7:53 pm
i am only seeing stero as an option, no quadrophonic as a speaker setup option on my lap top.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 6:02 pm

streetkingvi wrote :
i am only seeing stero as an option, no quadrophonic as a speaker setup option on my lap top.

You performed the operation mentionned by djDad on the CMD soundcard, not your computer's, correct?

Posted Mon 14 Apr 14 @ 2:28 pm
Yes on the CMD CARD, it did not show 4 speaker icons

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 7:06 am
LukeB92Home userMember since 2014
Hi!
I bought yesterday Behringer CDM Studio 4a DJ Console and unfortunately the console doens't work and I have an windows 8.1 laptop!!

Can someone help me, before i'm getting mad?

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 4:33 am
Behringer have a care team at this address -> care@music-group.com

They also have their own forum - forum.behringer.com

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 4:48 am
streetkingvi wrote :
Hey i just bought a new windows 8.1 laptop so that i can use virtual dj and try to take over the world......

However my laptop will not recognize the audio portion of my Behringer CMD sTUDIO 4A controller!

All th buttons knobs faders and jogs seem to work just fine, but i am not able to assign the headphone and output for some reason!

I love my controller it is cheap loaded with features and right now i can't use it with my new lap top because of this issue.

Any suggestions?

Hi and sorry for this delayed comment but I want to mentioned that I have same controller as you and I used it with VDJ 7 and had some issues with the ASIO drivers. Since I bought VDJ 8 everything is fixed. The controller is found by VDJ 8 and all work perfect, even scratching :)
I hope you have already solved your problem.

Kind Regards,
Nicolas

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 3:30 am
Hi. I have a problem. I am running Virtual DJ 8 with a Behringer cmd studio 4 mixer.
Everything seems to work ok for about an hour and 20 minutes, and then suddenly the sound disappears and there is no audio until you reset everything.
Is the problem compatibility issues with Virtual DJ and Behringer hardware?.
Everythig works ok for about 1 hour & 20 Minutes? .Everything works as it should up to 1hour & 20 minutes, after that, no sound?.
I have tried this several times on different computers. Very strange?.
Any ideas?.I would appreciate any help you can give.
Many thanks/

John

Posted Fri 07 Oct 16 @ 4:14 am
95%