Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke Content Unlimited Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I am trying to help a friend get set up with VirtualDJ to use as a karaoke service, but discovered a very frustrating bug.

If you use content unlimited (in this case it was the free version with the 30 second samples of music) and you use those karaoke songs to drag and drop on the list to queue up singers, it plays ONLY the first song you dragged and dropped, but cycles through each singer. Another words, it doesn't change the next song.

However, if I use karaoke songs that are already on my hard drive, those seem to work fine. So the problem is with the content unlimited streaming, it seems. I can't test if I download the cache for the song would help, because I do not own a subscription and my friend hasn't bought the subscription yet, either.

Please help!
-Jeff

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 8:41 pm
The karaoke plugin is an external program and relies on files that actually exist on your hard disk. If you cache the content unlimited karaoke song to disk first (Right-click on it and choose to download it to cache) and then add the cached version to the queue, it should work (The download to cache option may not be available without a subscription.)

NOTE: The karaoke plugin is optional for singer management only and is not required to actually play karaoke songs. It may be improved in future versions of the software.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:15 pm
That is correct, the download cache feature is not available without subscription.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:20 pm
I just subscribe to content unlimited Karaoke and when I look for a song nothing comes up and I am a VDJ pro infinity subscriber. What am I doing wrong? I click on my content unlimited on the left side where my folders are and it scrolls open, then I click search Karaoke, type a song and nothing comes up. Pleas help

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 2:24 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
what are you CU Settings in Options ?

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 2:44 am
What song is it? Maybe it's one which isn't in the catalog of available tracks.

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 12:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)