Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: virtual dj keeps crashing when bpm re-analyze

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djevvPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Seem to be getting this problem regularly and also when loading vdj the sound quality of the songs are very poor and distorted. I've downloaded the latency checker but not a clue what this does and wont be sure if any changes will work till later. I'm using the american audio VS4 mixer

Posted Sat 15 Mar 14 @ 1:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Latency checker is like the performance section of m$ task manager, it doesn't do much other than show information, if it stays in the green latency isn't an issue. As for sound quality, how does VDJ sound without using your VS4?

Posted Sat 15 Mar 14 @ 1:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you please post your ASIO and VDJ sound settings?
Also, do you use the VMS4 in pre- or post-eq mode?
(See the manual for the VMS4 if not sure what I mean)

Posted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 9:29 am
wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have some VOB video files that play fine in VDJ 7.4, but whenever I try to analyze the BPM of these videos, then VDJ crashes and I have to restart the program.

Fortunately, I only have a few videos that have this issue.

I have been converting my VOB videos to MP4 and any problem VOB files I have been deleting.

Dale

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 7:00 am
I've done 3 gigs now where (if I turn my "MASTER" knob (on my external mixer) up to half (12 0'clock) or just past that)....my virtual DJ Master Output reading goes in to the yellow, then red, then Virtual DJ will start flashing and lock up for a second until I turn the master volume back down. Once I do that, it stops flashing and goes back in to the green. The problem with that is...the volume is too low for a crowd of 200 or more people and I keep getting the "TURN IT UP" statements. I found that if I turn the BASS down, I can turn the master volume knob back up to half way (12 o'clock), but then all you get is high and mid sounds with virtually no bass....and this is with 4 (15's) JBL 1500 WATTS each.

I use:

Pioneer DDJ-SR & DDJ-SZ
Behringer 1500 Watt 18" Subs

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 11:14 am
Are these powered speakers, or do you have amplifiers? What is your autogain set at?

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 1:54 pm
hey sir......TY for responding.

They are powered speakers (all of them)....and the autogain is set to (half)(12 o'clock).

The ironic thing is...(while home in my studio) I took the laptop that I DJ with and put it right next to the computer in my studio....loaded the same song on BOTH computers and turned the "volume" down on BOTH computers but left the volume up in VDJ and BOTH computers were doing it. They are BOTH only a year old. One is an ASUS (laptop) and the other is a Lenovo (desktop).

I tried to research this online (bcuz I thought it could have been a latency issue)...so I downloaded "DPC LATENCY CHECKER". Came to find out that my desktop stayed in the "GREEN" (on the DPC LATENCY CHECKER", but my laptop stayed in the YELLOW. I proceeded to go in to my device manager to "disable"..."Enable" things one at a time to see what was setting it off.....to no avail. Even though my desktop was in the "GREEN" it still did it too.

PLEEEEEEASE HELP!!!
Thank You

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)