Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Who is using Pangolin Essential Visuals? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Well I'm back on the PC side and this sounds great Don!! Always loved your plugins though. Who do I contact for the IMU license for the new PC (the old machine is dead)??

Beatbreaker, welcome back to the pc side, your absence was noticed.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 4:58 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don Moir wrote :
We are about to upload a new IMU and Essential Visuals. Maybe 2 days or so.

o - font larger for plugin

o - VDJ script to send selected text message to display or delete it. This is automatically selected so you don't need to worry about that. Do you need any other VDJ script command for EV? Like select all etc. ?

o - much less CPU intense text display and options for controlling shadows and outlines. You can now have shadows and outlines at same time and control the amount of thickness and offset.

o - bug fixes

Bring it on Don, Im ready, I hope you fix the camera. Thank you.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 5:02 pm
The camera problem is in EM and that's next to be fixed.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 5:03 pm
@Don, since you are offering script commands, and thinking about my EV workflow.....

I could use a script for activating the DJ Text button - for throwing those quick announcements to the screen.

Thank you for the better performance. Smaller footprint is always desirable. If it wasn't for the need, I wouldn't even want the IMU running the background. LEAN MEAN GREEN > LOL.

P.S. Would be good to be able to quickly switch between layouts. For instance a particular layout may be good for announcements while another layout is good for chat. This may be a wish list for later though and not at this late stage. I'll be happy with just the script for sending the selected text to screen and script to activate the DJ Text.

Thanks for accommodating our ideas Don. You sir are a good developer!!

Posted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 10:23 pm
Well less then 24 hours later I'm up and running again!! I gotta say, Don and Bill really know how to take care of their customers!!

Thanks again for your dedication and and great plugins!!
Huey

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 8:34 am
Thanks Huey and djMele,

digijoc-Mele wrote :
I could use a script for activating the DJ Text button - for throwing those quick announcements to the screen.

This is one of things I had started to work on and led to me redoing the text. It's all about doing cooler stuff in this regard and showing song titles etc. along with quick messages that have a short life and fade out etc. These would not be normal static panels that you create but created and destroyed on the fly. Just need to find the time to work on it more.

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 10:53 am
Ya Don I hear you, time is the enemy.

For now though, (my opinion) the low hanging fruit is just to allow the script commands for the buttons... in the same way other plugins allow control over their button & slider parameters. ;-)

+Larger Fonts
+Script Cmds
+Lower CPU
-Bugs
+Coming Very Soon
=I'm Happy

Thx

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 11:47 am
Some of the things I played around with are fly outs and and whole VDJ screens lifts up to make room for short lived messages. This way no information is lost and a lot like what you see on TV with weather reports etc. That works but not complete and will get back to it when I can.

Posted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 11:59 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same here thanks for all you do Don

Posted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 11:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)