Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: usb camera

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using VDJ Pro, is it possible to interrupt just video of a music video going out to the TVs, and switch to a usb camera that appears on the TVs, then switch back to the video? Such as, music video is playing, I switch to a usb camera that is panning the crowd, then switch back to the video, while the audio never stops. Can this happen using just VDJ Pro? :)

Posted Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 11:58 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A live video input? Not possible yet (I think) That might be worth a shout on the request board.

Posted Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 3:54 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Live video is possible via several plugins with the Pro version.

You can do a lot with video. Just to flash your video over the music video is as easy as turning on the camera plugin while the video is playing.

You can do even more with other plugins like screen and text layouts, transitions, etc.

In the picture, the ugly mug in the center is via a live video feed. The picture to the right is a slide show. You can define an area or panel to be fed from a deck video.

Posted Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 5:28 pm
mrgrumpy1 wrote :
Using VDJ Pro, is it possible to interrupt just video of a music video going out to the TVs, and switch to a usb camera that appears on the TVs, then switch back to the video? Such as, music video is playing, I switch to a usb camera that is panning the crowd, then switch back to the video, while the audio never stops. Can this happen using just VDJ Pro? :)

I do it all the time but my USB camera does not PAN/Zoom.

I use a Logitech USB camera I think it was C70 something (it was the $99.00 one)

While the Video is playing on the outside source (T.V, Monitor, Projector etc..), I can switch to LIVE so people see themselves dancing.
You can switch back and your video will continue playing.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 8:32 am
The Magic.DJ wrote :
mrgrumpy1 wrote :

I do it all the time but my USB camera does not PAN/Zoom.

I use a Logitech USB camera I think it was C70 something (it was the $99.00 one)

While the Video is playing on the outside source (T.V, Monitor, Projector etc..), I can switch to LIVE so people see themselves dancing.
You can switch back and your video will continue playing.

Hey Magic!, well just what do you switch, that's where I'm confused.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:00 am
Just enable the Camera Plugin then disable (on/off), that's it.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:13 am

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:15 am

Posted Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 9:21 am
The Magic.DJ wrote :
Just enable the Camera Plugin then disable (on/off), that's it.

where is the camera plugin

Posted Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 2:50 am
where is the camera settings

Posted Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 2:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)