Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Allen & Heath Xone 4d

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone.
I am posting this here because I need some help with this controller. I did a gig last night and at the beginning of the evening Virtual DJ latest version crashed saying it needed to be restarted due to Asio problems. Is this a known problem with this mixer midi controller. It kind of put me on edge as in Traktor this does not happen.

I prefer to use Virtual DJ over Traktor as it suits me better. If someone who uses this mixer with Virtual DJ without these issues please help, I would really appreciate it.

Posted Sun 09 Feb 14 @ 12:25 pm
And your latency settings (both in VDJ and in the A&H driver) are.....?

Posted Sun 09 Feb 14 @ 5:03 pm
Sorry for the delay in replying here is the information.

asio resolution 32bit application priority normal system performance normal output latency 1016 samples/23 milli seconds

input latency 307 samples/ 6 milli seconds

virtual DJ settings

ultra latency Asio ticked
auto latency in performances Tab is on auto

I hope this helps thank you

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 2:43 pm
I used a Xone:4D for some nights last winter without any issues really. I don't own it to be able to tell more. It's permanently installed on a local bar I made some guest events. But pretty much it was a trouble free experience...

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 5:53 pm
I am really wanting some more help with the problems I am facing. It is nice that forum members are responding with I work at a night club using 4D and it works great with Virtual DJ, although that is nice to hear but that does not help in my situation. surly there are DJ's here who could offer more help.

Thanks

Posted Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 3:46 am
Logically, based on what you initially said (that it doesn't occur when using Traktor*) it would seem most likely that it's caused by your VDJ settings. Have you tried UNticking ultra latency? Have you tried UNselecting auto latency?

Is the Xone:4D audio interface set to 16 bit 44.1kHz? VDJ can have issues when using higher settings.

* assuming that everything else is the same - computer, USB cable etc.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 5:36 am
Hi Everyone.
Just thought I would let you know did a gig last night and and for about 3 hours everything was fine, then all of a sudden the same thing happened Asio popped up saying it needed to be restarted. I believe this is not a Virtual DJ problem but the Asio drivers working with Virtual DJ.

We had the setup as follows Inputs None, Outputs 3 Lines Mixer, Sound card Asio Xone 4d. In the Performances tab under Virtual DJ config Latency was set at 1024 and not Auto.

This seems to be a random thing as we do not know when It is going to happen, so either the setup is wrong in Virtual DJ or the problem lies elsewhere.

After restarting the Laptop with all devices still plugged in there was an error box saying not enough audio channels, when we re-started Virtual DJ the Xone 4d Mixer was listed but was not working. So we unplugged it and restarted the laptop and everything was working again in Virtual DJ we were able to continue the show, without any more problems.

So I would appreciate some more advice on what else could be causing this issue.

Thank you

Posted Sun 23 Feb 14 @ 6:16 am
Can I use virtual dj 7 with Allen & Heath 23c?

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 11:17 am
Yes, of course you can. If the audio interface is recognised by your operating system, then VDJ can use it.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 12:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)