Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console RMX all sliders won't work - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Folks
I re-installed the RMX software and drivers and followed the prompts. When booting up the system the RMX buttons all light up but when I go to use it none of the sliders will work. I do get sound from the left channel but it can only be controlled by the volume control knob. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Posted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 9:52 am
did you make sure you select your rmx as soundcard and midi controller if not try as you prob have simple mapper selected which will do nothing really unless you mapped them

Posted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 1:51 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Did you reinstall the Rmx on the system where you've been using it previously, or is this a new computer ?

Is this a PC or a MAC ?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 9:24 am
thanks for the responses so far. Yes I am using the dj console RMx as my sound card and no this is the computer I have been using the RMX on before I purchased the denonmc6000. Sliders still won't respond. Dang!!

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 10:47 am
You mention the MC6000 - are you hooking up both controllers at once by any chance?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 7:42 pm
No I dont hook up both controllers. I take my rmx as my backup controller. And i use a pc not a mac.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 2:06 pm

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 2:48 pm
Still can't get the sliders to respond. Checked the midi controller running on its own and appears to be working fine. Guess it must be something to do with the VDJ Software ? The only way I get volume is to use the gain buttons on each deck. and when you load a song onto deck A or B , the deck that is playing continues to play the song but with no sound.. I'm confused !! Any further trouble shooting tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again folks

Posted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 2:23 pm
Can you detail your exact VDJ audio configuration ?

Would it be setup for external mixing by any chance ?

Posted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 7:58 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 8:08 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
post a screen shot of your settings in config > sound setup tab, sounds like that is where your problem lies.

Posted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 8:59 am
Not that I had this problem, but I did occasionally have choppy audio. I downloaded the latest RMX driver suite and this performed a firmware update on the RMX at first run.

That improved the audio no end.

Aside from this, once the RMX is selected (and the audio 1/2 + 3/4 channels assigned to headphones and FOH output) it has performed fine.

The only irritating niggle is having to sweep all the faders / knobs end to end when you start VDJ as it "forgets" the positions.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 5:18 am
some controller communicate with vdj when starting, some have a oninit action set in the mapping . it seems the rmx has none of it...

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 5:54 am
Some controllers need <ONINIT> for their mapper to perform correctly, other don't.
Obviously RMX does not need any specific script actions to have it's mapper fully functional. That's why it doesn't have that action mapped.
Mind you that there are SEVERAL controller mappings without the <ONINIT> action. This has nothing to do with the sliders not working...

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 6:03 am
peteknapp wrote :
The only irritating niggle is having to sweep all the faders / knobs end to end when you start VDJ as it "forgets" the positions.

Sorry that i didnt explained my reply more detailed... oninit tip was meant to this post...

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 6:20 am
That's up to controller's firmware. Other devices send the position of their faders/knobs on start, others don't.
Still this is not handled by <ONINIT> nor by your mapper. It's an embedded function inside the device definition file. VirtualDj uses this function on every controller that supports it!

Posted Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 7:24 am
Hello people, I have the Hercules RMX2 console connected to my PC windows 7 pro. My console buttons were working Sunday but suddenly the console buttons aren't working. The machine does it's light show when it comes on as normal and all of the buttons light up. I haven't changed anything from when I last used it. I've followed all the directions given to me to do, I already have the latest drivers and everything, and the buttons just wont work anymore. I can control the RMX2 via keyboard, but I cant control the hercules from the console itself. I don't travel with it I am a home user, so I never detach any cables or anything like that. Can someone help me please??? Thank you

Posted Wed 12 Mar 14 @ 2:43 am

Posted Wed 12 Mar 14 @ 6:55 am
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way.

Your post has nothing to do with Hercules DJ Console RMX which this topic is about.

Please open your own new topic by clicking on the pen and paper icon at the top of the main forum topic list page or post in an appropriate existing topic about the MC6000.

Please also do not post the same message more than once. This will not get you a faster reply.

IMPORTANT: We do not recommend posting your E-mail address in public forums where it can be harvested by spammers. Your post above has been raised to Pro user level to help protect it.

Posted Sat 22 Mar 14 @ 12:58 pm
rmx just released new drivers.. update it... try it now.. djphatso is the king of hercules products

Posted Tue 25 Mar 14 @ 1:37 pm
87%