Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Middi Mapper TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
thats probably because along with the Led location (byte/bit number) an additional byte/bit value needs to be sent as a header

Pm PhantomDJ if you need more details and assistance. He should be able to help you with some useful advises.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 5:29 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
figured as much, will do more tinkering tonight, if i can crack it then i can add LED support for the S2 MKII.

if it works i may end up going back and finding second hand units to map.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 5:31 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thx groovin)

-> gluck technz

:)

edit: can someone please direct me to the 833 build?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 5:58 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
to save me a bit of time, do you mind letting me know how many bits/bytes the header for the Z1 was... i doubt that the size is different to the S* units

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 6:33 pm
GGCOM wrote :
please direct me to the 833 build

The mapping updates download automatically in the background when you have VDJ 8 running (on a system which has net access).

Just start VDJ 8 and leave it open for a while. When you restart it, the mapping will have updated.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:47 am
The header of each page is one byte.
You need to locate the different page(s) each unit use.
Also Traktor devices send/receive different data on PC and different data on MAC.

If you are able to get a device and you want to contribute, please PM me for further details. I already answered your PM BTW.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:08 am
Hey groovin)

Thx for clearing that up m8 ;)

Wow, thats a really cool new feature in v8!)

-> but alas.... my system is offline... Is there any other way for us people with offline DAWs to attain the mapping updates?

Thx a lot:)

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 8:23 am
Yes, but you will need a computer that has internet access though...
Download and install Version 8 on that computer.
Open VirtualDj and let it update it's definitions (the installer does not always contain the latest controller definitions)
Once it's up to date go on Documents\VirtualDj\Devices and copy the file "controllers.dat" to your off-line computer

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 10:37 am
Thx phantom, groovin and all involved)
Great stuff!

:)

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 5:17 pm
Hi gang:)

This mapping has the same issue as the one i did manually a bit ago..

-> when the EQs are centered on the Z1, the knobs on the VDJ skin are off to the right by a minimal amount ( tiny amount but still hearable )

Can we calibrate this mapping that the relation of the knobs on the controller and the software are synced a little tighter in center position?

Thx :)

Edit: p.s. Also the Filter knob is off center..

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:34 pm
also, if i manually copy the controllers.dat to the offline pc, vdj deletes it upon vdj restart.. (controller doesnt get picked up either)
just a fyi )

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 10:03 pm
GGCOM wrote :
Hi gang:)

This mapping has the same issue as the one i did manually a bit ago..

-> when the EQs are centered on the Z1, the knobs on the VDJ skin are off to the right by a minimal amount ( tiny amount but still hearable )

Can we calibrate this mapping that the relation of the knobs on the controller and the software are synced a little tighter in center position?

Thx :)

Edit: p.s. Also the Filter knob is off center..

The "center" position of the knobs is mechanical. It does NOT offer a standard value, and being a HID device it can offer various "values" at it's center position.
On the systems I tested it worked good enough for me. However if your unit does not calibrate properly you can change the mapper to something like:
param_smaller 0.49 ? eq_high : param_bigger 0.51 ? eq_high : eq_high 50%

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:36 am
GGCOM wrote :
also, if i manually copy the controllers.dat to the offline pc, vdj deletes it upon vdj restart.. (controller doesnt get picked up either)
just a fyi )

What build are you using ? Also do you have the "ignorebuiltindefinitions" setting set to "yes' ?

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:48 am
Good Morning Phantom =)

Thank you for your help sofar.

Yeah, seems the Z1 also has minute calibration issues in cubase, live etc.. Strangely, but not surprisingly, its fine in traktor.. lol

1: build 823 (on offliner)
2: disablebuiltindefinitions = 0
3: Thx for your tips with the calibration parameters. I am still trying to get my head around adding the param values...
- is it as simple as going to the controllers page and adding (param_smaller 0.49 etc.) to each knob value?
- Please show me how to do one eq knob so I can do the rest..;)

Thank you for all your help=)

Current centered knob values:

Eq hi. : 52%
Eq mid. : 51%
Eq low. : 51-52%

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 10:43 am
just wanted to let you know that i bit the bullet and went online with my offliner.. argll... lol.. nyway, got the new mappings... thx=)

the EQs are also workable like this.. -> still would like to know how i can make them snap to 0 though:P

->an example of a solution would be appreciated if you have some time...

nywho, thx@all=) working great sofar ;)

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 1:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)