Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS2 issues please help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi i just got a vms2 dj controller , i have tried in on 3 different laptops , 2 running windows 7 and one on xp .

all dont work with the supplied audio drivers . i can see all buttons etc are working , so i donwloaded the latest asio4all beta version from their website and all seems to work ok now . just think its really bad that its advertised as a plug and play unit , im sure other people must of had problems setting up .

one other issue im having is that the windows 7 laptop im using it on , if i turn off the vms2 before shutting down the laptop , the laptop wont shut down ! (just saying shutting down but never does) but if i leave the power on the vms2 and shut down the computer it shuts down fine . (im only using the usb cable to power the vms2) For starting the computer up i make sure the vms2 is turned off then wait until windows is loaded up then turn it on

does anyelse have this weird issue with their vms2 ??

thanks for any help

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 2:34 am
ASIO4ALL is not an ASIO driver. It merely piggybacks onto the existing Windows WDM driver and emulates an ASIO soundcard, so that software which requires an ASIO card is fooled into working with a non ASIO soundcard.

As your VMS2 has its own dedicated driver, that's the correct one to use for best performance of the product. If you have any issues with setting up the VMS2 with the correct driver then you should contact American Audio (they have a support forum too).

A USB device officially needs to be "safely removed" from Windows and not just pulled out/turned off. Therefore, shutting down the computer first is the correct way of doing it. For starting up, I shouldn't think it would matter very much whether the VMS2 is off or on.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 5:33 am
i cant find the americanaudio support form could someone post a link to it thanks

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 9:20 am
So you typed in american audio support forum to Google and got nothing?

If I try that, the forum comes up at the top of the list. How strange.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 9:23 am
thats the forum ive already been using just wanted to check it as the right one , as i couldnt find it on their main site thanks

Posted Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 12:43 am
Hi ive just bought a vms2 to one of my friend and i cant make it work... Everytime i try the mixer shut down ive tried virtual dj le, virtual dj7, virtual dj le 7 and virtual dj 8 nothing work... If its work i juste git the demo and it also get busy à lot of time and suposse to get the licence number wich one is writing on the cd pocket and it days that this number is uncorrect

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 10:55 pm
Hy ive just bought a vms2 mbut i cant make itwork i try every program of virtual dj and nothing work everytime the table shutdown... And when i take the license number wich one is writing on the cd pocket they says its not ok???.... What else can i do please ive got a nice computer witch 8gb ram 64 bit driver and os7 or 8

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 10:58 pm

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:54 pm
That message is over a year old!

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 4:07 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
gerv-sth/prod- wrote :
Hy ive just bought a vms2 mbut i cant make itwork i try every program of virtual dj and nothing work everytime the table shutdown... And when i take the license number wich one is writing on the cd pocket they says its not ok???.... What else can i do please ive got a nice computer witch 8gb ram 64 bit driver and os7 or 8

Could you please discribe what problems you get?
WHAT is not working?
Did you install the ASIO driver for the VMS?

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 6:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)