Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: skin resizer tool

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why when i log into my account with the screen resizer tool does it say limited membership?

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 5:18 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Paul it would have been better if you had put this post in the skin re-sizer thread sticky.

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 5:28 am
indeed it would, hopefully a mod can move it rather than me repeat it.

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 5:31 am
the paid version allows you to resize the browser and scale the skin to better fit your desired resolution if the ratio of the skin is different to what you have on your monitor. The limited version will only scale the skin.

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 7:01 am
I assumed if you are a registered VDJ user you get the full version. If i log in to VDJ while using the tool i still get limited use.

As you can see i,m logged in

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 7:16 am
Being a pro user doesn't give you full access.

You need to either donate or be a subscriber to content unlimited to unlock it.

Keith

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 8:07 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Being a pro user doesn't give you full access.

You need to either donate or be a subscriber to content unlimited to unlock it.

Keith

ahh so connect to your VDJ account is not strictly correct then oh well will need to go open the piggy bank thanks

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 8:53 am
Bear in mind this tool will be obsolete when V8 hits as skins will resize on the fly.

Keith

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 9:00 am
OK will close piggy bank again lol

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 9:29 am
Its not "donate" either, your forced to buy it....... I really wish he'd change the wording and just say you have to "purchase" it..

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 9:42 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've thought that for a while, any plugin that you have to pay to get full functionality or has limitations to it's use until a fee is made, should be clearly marked.

IE: P payment required, would help decide whether you download it or not.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 11:38 am
I'll admit I was supprised to find that you had to "donate $25" for the skin creator, but it didn't really bother me.. The skin creator would have been a huge undertaking to create so it deserves payment as for $25 you can save hours and hours of time in skin creation. And I guess that it is set as a donation to avoid Jeremie paying higher fees to paypal for the transaction.

You can easily work around the skin resizer limitations by stretching the skin to your desired width in the LE version then modifying the skin height and the browser height in the xml..

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 12:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)