Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mc-6000 efx4 button on by default

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running a Denon mc-6000 with VDJ 7.4 and when I start up, the efx4 buttons are activated by default. Is it possible to change this. And if so, how do I do it.

Thanks in advance.

p.s I am not great with changing commands etc in programs, so I will need step by step info.

Thanks again.

Posted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 1:56 pm
This actually happens to me sometimes. I don't know how to change it, as it is not all the time. I just make sure to check every time, because it is the filter effect, and will make you think something is wrong. I actually bought in my spare speaker, because I thought the speaker was blown.

Posted Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 3:53 pm
The EFX4 button on the default MC6000 mapper will reset the native filter of the program.
The knob above this button controls the filter itself.

When VDJ starts it queries the MC6000 for all the knobs positions. If the EFX4 knob is not on the center, the filter will get activated and the button will light up.

If you want to avoid this then your best option would be to open the config windows and add the following text at the end of the "ONINIT" part of the MC6000 mapper:

& deck left filter 50% & deck right filter 50%

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 12:07 am
Thanks guys.

The knowledge on this forum is fantastic.

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 5:10 am
I have added that to the end of the efx4 mapping command and now that does not come on by default, but the filter does not work now.

What should I do next.

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 5:50 am
You should put this text on the "ONINIT" element of your mapper, not the EFX4 button / slider

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 6:22 am
Thanks for getting back to me, but I can't see an "ONINIT" listed in the key.

If I click the "add" option, it is there, but not already on the main key list.

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 7:54 am
Then add this key and type in the text from above without the starting &

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 8:30 am
I have added "ONINIT" and in the action-learn field I have added "deck left filter 50% & deck right filter 50%" but it still has the efx4 on when I restart VDJ

Posted Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 8:37 am
my onit has mixermode ? nothing : fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & fake_gain on in there now so do i add the statement to end or replace this txt

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 10:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Add to the start before the mixer mode query

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)