Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Skinning Engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As I saw, in one of the videos at a previous expo (I can’ t remember which one) the speaker said that the new Skin Engine allows skin Resizing which means that we don’ t need to create multiple resolutions skins but it will not work for every skin as it depends on how it’ s made. So my question is how we must create our skins in order to be able to resize them when VDJ 8 is released.

Posted Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 12:37 pm
I guess the main difference is that you will be able to use SVG but this has been asked previously and no answer given. Like everything else we will have to wait for the release for answers

Posted Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 1:45 pm
From what I recall I believe Babis was talking about modular skins.. If you want a glimpse into what it would take to make a skin that's scalable and modular checkout dunks1990 skin for djdecks, it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

For basic resizing it's probably all done in the background as the vector co-ordinates it would need to manipulate are already in the skin XML. but you may need to specify percentages instead of absolute pixels more like CSS3 media-queries. Time will tell though..

Posted Thu 05 Dec 13 @ 12:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)