Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Pad area in skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey people. I think to develop new skin and I want create a pad area. For exmaple it will be 9 pads. How I create it ? Just 9 decks ? But I do not want to load the samples every time when I run the Virtual DJ. Any ideas ? Please, help :) Thanks

Posted Fri 08 Nov 13 @ 9:46 am
I'm sure you know what you're thinking of, but you haven't explained it well enough for anyone to help you...

Posted Fri 08 Nov 13 @ 10:12 am
I talking about PAD panel in my skin... like AKAI MPC. I load samples on every pad and I drop different samples when I play set. But I need ways to implement this. The first thing that comes to mind it's every pad - separate deck, for example, I have 9 pads and it will be 9 decks. But if it did, then every time you run the Virtual DJ you need to load all the samples to pads. It's uncomfortably.

Posted Fri 08 Nov 13 @ 10:41 am
you could do that. there is a couple of script commands "save_deck_set" & "load_deck_set" that can allow you to save the tracks loaded to all your decks and batch load them. that will enable you to have as many extra decks as you want and as many banks as you need. Finally when you save a deck set you need to go into the file it creates and delete the first two or four decks so they don't load when you don't want them to.

This is a pretty cool way of doing it as you can have more than 12 samples, you can use effects and you can have waveforms. I did the same sort of thing on a skin I was making a year or so ago.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/163643/VirtualDJ_Skins/well_the_other_skin_is_dead__but_this_was_born_as_a_result___.html?page=3

Posted Fri 08 Nov 13 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)