Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VOXOA M70 Hybrid Mixer Sound Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

platddyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Voxoa m70 mixer and have been having random sound distortion issues. Random meaning it has happened with a fresh boot up after 2 minutes or I can run for 2 hours sometimes before it shows up.

I have run VDJ pro for a couple of years and essentially replaced my UMIX44 and Numark M4. The previous setup worked flawlessly. I am also using timecoded vinyl.

I have doulbe checked latency with the free latency monitor and my pc settings (already optimized according to VDJ recommendations) and my VDJ settings. When the distortion happens, latency appears fine in the monitoring tool. Click apply to sound setup or changing anything in sound setup does not appear to have any affect. I have tried with and without power usb hub and the problem still exists. I have looked at my laptop temp and don't see any irregularities before during or after the problem.

Currently I am running with the ultra low latency check box checked and have latency set to auto under performance. I have tried all the latency settings (Fast to slow) that come with the Voxoa asio drivers.

Anyone have some thoughts or ideas of what I should be trying or doing? Unfortunately, I have a very expensive paper weight if I can't figure this out. I have tried VDJ live support and the technician i got basically gave up and said get an external soundcard.

Posted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 8:05 am
I don't know anything about this mixer, except what I read on their website. Have you been to their forum to see if this is wide spread? Do you have the latest drivers and firmware from them? Are these ASIO drivers your only option? Could it be a cable issue, a usb port issue?

Posted Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 4:52 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I don't know anything about this mixer, except what I read on their website. Have you been to their forum to see if this is wide spread? Do you have the latest drivers and firmware from them? Are these ASIO drivers your only option? Could it be a cable issue, a usb port issue?

Thanks for the reply. I have been to their forum. Not very active so haven't gotten anything there.

I am running the latest firmware/drivers for the mixer.

Asio drivers seem to be the only option.

I will try a different usb cable. Currently using the factory one.

I have tried a powered USB hub and all the ports available on my laptop. Problem presents itself on all ports with or without the powered hub.

Posted Thu 07 Nov 13 @ 7:27 am
USB cables can do weird things.

Someone I know couldn't get his audio interface working, so replaced the USB cable with one from his MIDI keyboard. Interface works!

Then plug the USB cable from the interface (which didn't work) into the keyboard. Keyboard works!

Posted Thu 07 Nov 13 @ 7:52 am
Willing to try anything at this point..... will update my progress soon.

Posted Thu 07 Nov 13 @ 8:24 am
are you still using this mixer?

Posted Mon 24 Feb 14 @ 11:26 pm
candm4ePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Been using mine for about 8 months and it is fine just need to update the mappings as the VDJ 7 ones are not quite the same as VDJ8 and as for sound quality try more robust USBs Mine however is awesome and hasnt missed a beat

Posted Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)