Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Novation Launch Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Novation Launch Control

Download Link: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16289/Novation_Launch_Control.html

This is a fully defined controller mapped as an add-on to your existing setup to control samples and effects.

There are 2 pages on this device. Page 1 is designated to effects for deck 1 and deck 2 (4 for each deck) with parameters 1 & 2 directly above each effect pad. Page 2 has 8 sampler slots with independent volume above each pad for each sample, with the upper rotary dials empty to add your own mappings. On both pages the UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT buttons have been defined but left blank.

LEDs
You can define the color, intensity and flashing of each LED, by using the action: get constant x where x is a decimal number from 0.00 to 1.00

0.57=off
0.10=RED LOW
0.12=RED FULL
0.23=AMBER LOW
0.49=AMBER FULL
0.22=GREEN LOW
0.47=GREEN FULL
0.09=FLASH RED
0.4645=FLASH AMBER
0.441=FLASH GREEN

Small LEDs on the right are only capable of shades of Red.
0.01=RED LOW
0.12=RED FULL

more info
http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/6958/launch-control-programmers-reference-guide.pdf

Posted Thu 17 Oct 13 @ 8:36 am
Please tell me how to get this with my free release (home) of vdj?

Posted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 5:52 am
Unfortunately you can't. Unlicensed users are not entitled to download or use custom mappers. VirtualDJ Home FREE also does not support using MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro.) It's for mouse/keyboard home users only.

To be able to download this mapper and use MIDI controllers, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 6:17 am
Does anyone know how to actually write custom programs for the launchcontrol. I really like it as a controller, but switching between templates is tough because you need 2 hands. How would you make it so that you don't need the User/Factory buttons and you could just use the pads to select templates?

Posted Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 9:28 pm
NivanPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hello,

When template factory is on the 2 sliders 2 are link to the same key: Pad 2B Slider 2 on VirtualDJ 8 (mac)

I don't have this issue on Traktor pro 2 demo.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:11 pm
Do you think there's a way to set this up to trigger more than 8 samples? I'm thinking of using this to trigger samples because I have a lot of them. I only need the 4 cue buttons already found on my proper mixing controller.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:54 pm
The code for flash red 0.09 dont work for me..... the led stay illuminate. Any idea to make it flash ?

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 6:29 pm
HI VirtuL DJ, I found an error in VDJ novation Launc Control Mapping.
I downloaded the mapping file but one knob is not detected in the factory Templates.

Pad 2B Slider 1 is not detected

Pad 2B Slider 2 could be the sampler 2 volume but it is not mapped.

I can map easy, but the problem is the "Pad 2B Slider 1" is not mappable. Pad 2B Slider 1 works only like Pad 2B Slider 2 clone.
In templates "User", virtual DJ recognizes perfectly "Pad 2A Slider 1 and "Pad 2A Slider 2".

Posted Thu 31 Mar 16 @ 2:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Author will correct it soon i suppose.

In the meantime open the xml file you will find in the /Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder with a text editor
goto line 84... replace ...
<slider cc="0x16" name="Pad 2B Slider 2" Channel="8"/>
.. with..
<slider cc="0x16" name="Pad 2B Slider 1" Channel="8"/>

Posted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 1:48 pm
The definition file has been updated. Thank you for your feedback :)

Posted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 2:01 pm
Could you explaine me how can I put the file into my system. I tried to put it into VirtualDj/mappers folder but nothing change.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my english.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 5:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)