Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 humming/buzzing. Ground Loop?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, so I just got a Numark NS6 and I plug it into my speakers and start to play music and there is a VERY loud humming noise. Almost louder than the music. I read all of the topics about a ground loop issue and to be honest I still do not know what that even means. It said on one post to disconnect your laptop from it's charger, tried that, didn't work. People are saying I need to buy a Hum Eliminator? How does that work, what does it do, is there any way to solve the problem without it? Thanks!

Posted Sun 29 Sep 13 @ 6:23 pm
DavidZarabi wrote :
Ok, so I just got a Numark NS6 and I plug it into my speakers and start to play music and there is a VERY loud humming noise. Almost louder than the music. I read all of the topics about a ground loop issue and to be honest I still do not know what that even means. It said on one post to disconnect your laptop from it's charger, tried that, didn't work. People are saying I need to buy a Hum Eliminator? How does that work, what does it do, is there any way to solve the problem without it? Thanks!

Maybe try changing the speaker cables.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 4:48 pm
Was googling for another topic and this thread popped up. Although from a couple years ago, i'll answer what I know about the humming...

When this happens, it's often because different devices are connected to different wall plugs. I try as best as possible to make sure the laptop/NS6 are plugged into the same wall outlet. Same with my powered speakers. Everything coming from the same outlet. I can't recall the full details but it's something about the AC 60hz....

Posted Thu 14 May 15 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)