Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: audio fx request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
sup

I am lookin for a delay or echo fx for audio.....a post fader fx (meaning when i turn on the fx on a channel...the delay will fade out when the track is stopped, or when I kill lower the vertical fader the delay will fade out.....or when engaging the next track via the cross fader...the delay will decay)

a delay with variable delay speed and length controls

So far most of the delay echo effects ive tried on here cut off with no decay

Any comments or suggestions have i explained what im asking for clearly enough?

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 11:47 am
you can simulate post fader effects by using a VST like moot before your delay. Effects in vdj will chain in order of their activation you would just need to activate it when you start VDJ and keep it on. You would also need to change the mapping of your volume sliders to

effect 'moot' slider 13 & fake_volume

I can't remember the slider number moot uses but I do remember it was not slider 1... if 13 doesn't work change that number until you find the one that does.

the other way to simulate post fader effects with a VDJ plugin is to use ramp delay and again change the mapping for the volume sliders to something like

effect 'ramp_delay' active on ? fake_volume & param_invert & effect 'ramp_delay' slider 1 : volume_slider

or itf you want the volume slider on the skin to remain at the soft takeover position use this instead

effect 'ramp_delay' active on ? param_invert & effect 'ramp_delay' slider 1 : volume_slider

Posted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)