Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-R1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello

Can someone try and resolve a little issue with the cross fader control on the XDJ-R1 using Virtual DJ Pro 7.4 ...

My problem is the unit is all setup as per the wiki article, however the cross fader does not function as it should - moving it fully left outputs the right [ B ] deck and moving it fully right outputs the left [ A ] deck ???

Also can anyone explain why Pioneer have opted not to display the track info etc. on the unit itself in Midi mode ? very bizarre ...

Thank you

Glenn

p.s. I have been given a demo unit to review by Pioneer for a UK DJ Association.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 9:02 pm
There is a command in VirtualDj that will invert the crossfader.
Are you sure you haven't used that command?
It's "crossfader_hamster"

As for why Pioneer opted not to expose the LCD on the MIDI side of the unit you should really ask Pioneer.

My guess is that they wanted to emphasize the stand-alone / recordbox function of the unit and not the MIDI/PC part of it, but that's just my personal estimation.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 12:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For the LCD display issue, PhantomDeejay's explanation is correct. They want the emphasis to be that it is a stand-alone with 'controller' features and not a controller that can also stand-alone.

As for the audio issue, if you didn't have 'hamster' enabled in VirtualDJ; then please post your current Audio configuration in VirtualDJ.
And, are you sure you changed the XDJ-R1's mixer option in the unit's configuration utility?

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 10:41 am
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thank you for the replies ...

Very silly of Pioneer then to promote a product with use for Virtual DJ and not allow full Midi use of the display outputs!

Reference this 'Crossfader_Hamster' ... where is this in Virtual DJ ? settings ?

Thank you

Glenn

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 6:16 am
I'M HAVING PROBELMS WITH MY PIONEER XDJ-R1. I SET IT UP WITH VIRTUAL DJ LE VERSION BUT I CAN'T GET ANY OF THE CONTROLS TO WORK ON THE MIDDLE MIXER SECTION IT RECONIZES THE LEFT & RIGHT PLATTERS BUT THERE'S NO CONTROLING THE MIXER.
IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE.

Posted Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 3:11 pm
Please do not SHOUT.

The R1 has two operating modes, as explained in the user manual.

One mode allows you to use the R1 mixer, meaning that the on screen mixer is not required (because you have a real mixer). The other mode allows you to use the R1 as a controller for the on screen VDJ mixer.

Posted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 5:40 am
I've using Virtual DJ Pro with Vestax VCI-400 which has been working like a dream never any issues. Just purchased the Pioneer XDJ-R1 it's a nightmare having the same issues like everybody else.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)