Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Midi controller question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay So I did search through the forums first before making this post.

So my question is rather simple, but one I feel no one has asked.

over the years I have accumulated multiple Midi interfaces / controllers.

However two of them I actually really like a lot more than the others.

While they all pretty much do the same job (debatable but that isn't the question)

I want to know if I can use two Midi controllers that essentially map to the same controls in VDJ simultaneously. Or can this just not be done with out causing great havoc confusing the crap out of the computer?

In other words can I map say my stanton SC 3 dj system with say a Vestax 400 or American Audio vsm 4.1.

Anyway I have yet to find the perfect midi controller it just doesn't exist yet. Though the Vestax may just be super close, but still some features are lacking that I deeply crave.

Can I do this with out causing serious issue? If so I will have a family member overnight mail me a couple of my other boards so I can toy around with this idea that I had last night.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 2:50 pm
Been asked many times, lol! And yes you can use multiple controller at once.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 3:35 pm
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount to be able to use any other MIDI controllers: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Your VirtualDJ LE is limited software and only supports using the VMS 4.1 that it was included with.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 7:55 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Been asked many times, lol! And yes you can use multiple controller at once.

Okay sorry. Was just wondering. It seemed that they wanted to do use them for completely different reasons not redundancy.

But thanks.

I do have the pro full version

I will have to find where my serial is and include it in my account info but thanks guys!

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)