Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: rythmzone noise problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I have some problems with graphics. Somehow there is a lot of noise at my cue indecators at rhytmzones. I double check my mask and it was clean. I am posting some pictures below.

http://s23.postimg.org/h3l23x0zv/Test.jpg

At the left you can see my mask and at the right the actual result
So what is happening ? Am I doing something wrong ? I dont use any skin resizing tool neither have resize my skin

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 9:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
some pixels are not solid black. What software do you use to render to bmp ? When i get such issues, i usually open Paint and use the brush , paint the area e.g. yellow and then realize that some pixels are not black solid.. i use the Pen to edit micro-details

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 9:57 pm
Actually I use jpeg extension and not bpm. I use photoshop for creating and editing the file. I just repaint (again) the mask with paint and the problem got worst. I am painted over with photoshop as well but no luck either. I created an other same mask from the beginning to make sure that everything is black, but the problem remains with the exactly same pixels being off... Do you think is a JPEG extension problem ? I choose that extension as i couldn' t find how to export bpm extension at photoshop. Any suggestion about how to ? (I know this isn' t that type of forum but I appreciate your help :) )

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 11:12 pm
When a picture gets saved as .jpeg or .jpg format it gets compressed.
This compression usually alters the colors a little bit, especially around areas with large contrast (such as your B/W mask). This alteration is also known as "jpeg artifacts"

You should save your picture in BMP file format.

On Photoshop just click "File->Save as..." and select "Bitmap File" from the drop down menu under the filename textbox.

Posted Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 12:13 am
Ok guys I change the extension to bpm and everything works fine. I was using 16bit/channel mode on photoshop, that' s why there isn' t any bpm extension avaliable at save as.. dropdown. Thanks you all :)

Posted Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 8:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)