Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: content unlimited mp3 subscription

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can I subscribe and dl music through another laptop that does not have vdj on it? My dj laptop NEVER gets on the internet, I use a 2nd laptop strictly to get music and transfer via usb.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 1:21 am
It's not possible to download or use music from ContentUnlimited outside of VirtualDJ.

You would need to install VirtualDJ on your 2nd laptop and use it to download the music and transfer it to the other computer using USB pen drive, etc.

However, cached content will need to be renewed every few weeks otherwise it will expire and will not be playable on your DJ laptop. You will need to manually renew the cache authorisations on the computer that has Internet access on a regular basis (E.g: Once per week) by right-clicking on the ContentUnlimited -> Show downloaded content folder and choosing the option to renew the cache authorisations. Then copy across the renewed files to your DJ laptop, overwriting the old ones.

NOTE: Licensed versions can be installed on up to two computers for your own personal use, so that the 2nd installation can be used as a backup on stand-by, which is strongly recommended if you are playing live gigs (NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid. It's for non-commercial home use only. If you are a working DJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.)

Posted Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 11:39 am
3CKidPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I own virtual DJ full Pro. Up to now I have kept my music on a several External hard drives. I have 25,000 plus in my data base. I have been considering the Subscription to unlimited music, I love the idea of having that amount of music available for download at only $10 a month. the problem I am facing is that I have two laptops that I use personally, and then I also sometimes contract 2 or 3 other DJ's for gigs on busy weekends. Traditionally I just give them a hard drive with my data base for them to use. it sounds like if my data base is based on the subscription than I will no longer be able to have 2-3 DJ's working simultaneously. Is this correct? is there any recommendation?

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 12:55 pm
A ContentUnlimited subscription can only be used by one user at a time. Attempting to log in on more than one computer will log the other users out.

However, you could create a couple of additional VDJ logins and sign them up to the service for the other DJ's to use.

NOTE: If you are also providing these DJ's with a laptop and VirtualDJ, you will need an additional VirtualDJ license for each user. Your VirtualDJ license is for your personal use only and cannot be used by multiple DJ's. Also, most purchased music from CD's, DJ pools, etc. cannot be shared//rented/leased or used by multiple DJ's. You would need an additional legal copy of each song for each DJ (E.g: For 3 DJ's including yourself, you would need 3 copies of each song.)

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 1:08 pm
The mixing consoles we use come with a copy of VDJ LE. fully legal. can i renew a downloaded cache on two computers by logging in to the same subscription on each computer and renew the cache.

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 1:31 pm
Each ContentUnlimited subscription is for a single user only.

For multiple DJ's, you will need multiple subscriptions (One per user.)

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 5:31 pm
Understand. Thanks!

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 11:09 am
i use vdm pro 7. but my unlimited content will not allow me to download.
any toughest. all songs read error

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 12:06 am
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of VDJ 7.

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)