Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Need help DDJ Ergo users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I\'m currently working on a skin for the Ergo, and I find myself stuck. I am at a loss as to what the SHIFT button does. Are there any users that could tell me what this button does? as I don\'t own the controller. And any suggestions on how I can work it into the skin would be a great help. I am trying to keep it as true to the controller as possible, and recreated all the graphics myself no photo has been used.

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 10:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The SHIFT button is not sending any midi, so its not mapped to toggle a variable. This means that the skin can not tell if this is pressed or not.

Open Broadcaster version, goto CONFIG->Mappers tab. From the Mappers Options button, disable the View only connected devices. This will show you in the list all the supported devices.
Select the Ergo, modify one of the keys (e.g. edit the action play_pause to play_pause1 ..add something there), and then mapper file will be generated in VirtualDJ/Mappers folder to study the assigned actions.
The names of the Keys usually follow the names you see on the silkscreen. If something is not obvious, ask.
Goto Pioneer website and download the manual. It should also provide useful info of what the buttons do.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 1:08 am
Your a wealth of information djdad, thankyou.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 7:24 am
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any updates on this skin? Looking forward to seeing it completed :)

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 6:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)