Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Building skins for ipad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I'm interested in building skins for the ipad, I have built a few for the computer so im quite familiar with the SDK. I was just wondering if it was the same xml code for the ipad's, or is there anything special I need to know before I start. I have searched for some info about this but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 10:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The iRemote Skin Engine is similar to the general one, but is quite limited. It doesnt offer all the tools and some things may not work as expected.
One thing that is different for sure, its that it doesnt have panels. Different views can be done with <pages>s, which is actually a panel that covers the whole screen.
I would advise you to download and study a few iRemote skins , and see the way they work, but i am afraid as a No Licensed User, you dont have that opportunity.

Feel free to ask for any assistance

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 3:04 pm
Thanks for the info djdad, yes the no license issue is beginning to hold me back a little, but I am currently saving the pennies so I can eventually purchase a license. However Its hard for me to justify the cost (get permission from the wife lol) as im not actually a user of virtualdj, I think its a great bit of kit, but I'm old school and prefare to use vinyl, however im addicted to building skins, and find it very therapeutic and relaxing, some people play golf, I build skins lol.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 3:50 pm

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 5:09 pm
I wasn't aware of that, I have always concentrated on the pro version. That's great news, but if I do buy that, then later down the line want to upgrade to the pro version will I still have to pay the full price or is there a discount for broadcast users?

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 7:18 pm
there will be a discount of course.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 10:01 pm
Excelent, I'm in, thanks for your help djdad.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 3:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)