Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can't dowload skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've looked at all the instructions and i have a done them exactly. I put it in the library virtual dj folder under skins and it wont show up for my ipad or for my virtual dj Broadcaster. This also happens for effects. However, for samples i can load them fine onto my virtual dj. can someone please help i have no idea what to do anymore.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 11:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are 2 Library folders, actually.
The one you need to find and use is the Users/YourUsername/Library/VirtualDJ\Skins (or Plugins/SoundEffects for effects) folder. Its hidden by default, so you need to reveal that first .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MAC.%20Reveal%20hidden%20Library%20folder.html

The iPhone skins need to be placed inside the Users\YourUsername\Library\VirtualDJ\Skins\iPhone
If the folder doesnt exist, you need to create it.

Please read here..
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20Install%20Skin.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20Install%20Effect.html

In case you still have issues, this might be due to an old plist file (registries), which tells VirtualDJ to look into the folder used by previous versions (Users/YourUsername/Documents/VirtualDJ)
You can try to place the zip file of the skin in that \Skins folder and see if VirtualDJ sees them.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:45 pm
I finally found the right library for effects, and it works but when i use that same library for skins it does not work. I will try your suggestion for the skins and i will let you know! thanks!

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:56 pm
when i dowload the skins it says install, thats the file name. is it suppose to be like that or is it suppose to be different? heres an example, it isthe wrong resolution so i delted it but even when i use the right resolution they do not show up when i try to use them on virtualdj broadcaster

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:59 pm
You need to download the zip file (source file), which is the zip file of the skin. You dont install anything. You just download the zip file and place it to the Skins folder
Delete the install_files and the bundle files from that folder and leave only the zip files

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 4:29 pm
when i dowload them and pick the floppy disk with the mac logo thats how they are downloaded

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 5:10 pm
You dont see a third disc next to the windows and Mac ones ? What is the link of the skin you tried to download ?

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 5:45 pm
ok so to download it i use the mac floppy disk but that doesn\\\'t work, are you saying to use the floppy disk on the far right? because when i download it its a folder.. how ever the skin for the iphone and ipad is a .zip.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 7:00 pm
also, that .zip for my ipad did not work it said on the iPad.. failed to load skin

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 7:04 pm
ipad/iphone skins are different skins than the normal ones. those have a specific size and different Skin Engine.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html?category=iphone Iphone/ipad skins goto \skins\iphone folder (create it if not present)

As for your original issue. i think you know now what to do.. the 3rd icon , source file is the zip file you need to save to your Skins folder (unzipped)

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 9:57 pm
yes i know what you mean now and for the iphone i have a folder already set up

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 11:44 pm
thank you by the way

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 11:44 pm
i have figured it out thank you for all your help i would not have found it without you. sorry for any inconveniences i may have caused.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 12:00 am
dmiketvPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Honestly Ive been trying to do the same thing for hours and this helped in a matter of seconds. THANKS!

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 12:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)