Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Volume display under volume slider

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello there is it possible to display song' s volume (gain) under volume slider like Traktor ? I think it' s not but I would like some further advice :)

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 3:51 pm
yes you can in VDJ Pro,

you would need to paste this in your skin and fix the co-ordinates "size, width, x, y" to suit your skin

<textzone deck="1">
<size width="" height=""/>
<pos x="" y=""/>
<text font="Myriad Pro" size="14" color="#666666" align="center" format="GAIN %Plevel db"/>
</textzone>

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 3:59 pm
I didn' t mean that. I want to display the volume meters as graphics, "get volume" below a volume fader of a deck. Just like Traktor. Is this possible on VDJ ? I never tryied it before.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 1:04 pm
no that won't be possible until be get PNG alpha layers in VDJ8

Posted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 3:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Version8 will offer transparency, but this will more or less help showing elements the way you need without the need of B&W masks.
What you ask is already possible, but the VU meter will possibly get covered by the fader of the Volume Fader.
See the pic below. thats from my Ergo Style Skin.
Left is version7, right is version8
Under the Volume Fader, i have a get_beat element, but that could be a get_vu visual

As you may understand, in version 8, you will be able to have the full width of that Volume Fader, but in version 7, you will control the Volume Fader only with the parts that are left and right of the VU meter

Posted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 5:42 pm
No Black and white masks? OMG This is very good news for us!! Really, I am eager to get my hands on new version. Hope to be live soon :) Anyway thank' s a lot guys, seems like I will wait a little before finishing my skin as It should be easier and better at new version. :)

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 6:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)