Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Can't get newer transitions to work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm setting up my new Windows 8 laptop for VDJ. It's a Dell Inspiron 7520 with an AMD Radeon 7700m video card (swicthable graphics). I've downloaded some of the newer SBDJ transitions but can't get them to work. At first I got the missing dll error message so followed the link for DirectX that SBDJ has posted. No longer get the message but transitions aren't working. They all work on my old XP system. One of the questions I have is, should my AMD card show up in the drop down menu under video config. ? Even when hooked up for video it only shows the Intel graphics 4000 built in card. Any help is appreciated, also if it helps I made a list of which transitions work and which don't.
Thanks. !

Posted Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 1:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 2:27 am
DJdad, before I start up VDJ I open the Catalyst Control Center and set VDJ to use the AMD on high performance. Hardware acc. is checked on video config. I have all the same as on XP. I'm new to Windows 8, first upgrade since 2008. All videos run smooth without any problemslll

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 11:44 am
I assume you have solved the issue with the video transitions , by enabling the hardware acceleration in Config-->Video tab.

As for the graphics card that the Video tab shows, we' ve seen some cases where the high performance graphics processor is used only when something is connected to HDMI, and still using the IntelHD when the VGA output is used. Not sure if that is your case though.

In some other cases, the setting of the High performance graphics card only applies on the primary screen, so not very useful for VirtualDJ.

The dual AMD+IntelHD graphics card system, is indeed the most weird and unknown system we deal every day in support. On the other hand Nvidia has no issues when combined with IntelHD.

Visit the website of your computer's manufacture and see if any BIOS ipdte and graphics card drivers are available.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:48 am
DJdad, Problem stlill there, I had hardware acceleration checked from the start. I'll try your suggestion on trying the hdmi cable later today and see if the graphics card shows up in the Video config dropdown. I updated the video drivers from the AMD webite already. I'll check on the bios also ( the motherboard went bad a week after purchase and the tech updated the bios then, but I'll check again).
What's odd is the transitions will change then after 3 or 4 changes they stop working.
I did download 14 transitions at once starting with warpspeed and ending with pushcircle. I'm going to uninstall all of those and try one at a time and see if it's one in particular causing the problem. Going to take a while so I'll post the outcome when I'm done.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 11:34 am
Are you using a plugin to random select a transition ? A bad transition, might cause that yes, so check manually all your transitions, one by one to see which one is the bad one.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:47 pm
UPDATE: DJdad, I tried the hdmi cable and the amd card still doesn't show. I think it's just one of those things, but since the videos and all the pre-installed effects are working I'm sure the AMD card is being used.
I downloaded transitions Warpspeed thru Pushcircle (14 total) installed, tried, and removed one at a time. Each one worked one time then wouldn't work again. I've had some other none dj things come up that are higher priority right now so since all the pre installed plugings work I won't be able to put any more time into it right now. They were just something extra I wanted to try. Thanks for the suggestions, and I post if I try again.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 4:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Worked once then not again? Thats very strange, not something I have heard of before.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 8:36 pm
SBDJ, tried each individually and worked only once. They all work on XP though. When I get the chance I'll try upadating AMD drivers from Dell instead of the newest ones from AMD's website. I had to reset windows after installing the optional widows update for intel graphics. BTW, they look great.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 11:37 am
Update: found the right combination of updates, drivers, and registry tool settings. All are working now.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 12:43 pm
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
djnrgbear wrote :
Update: found the right combination of updates, drivers, and registry tool settings. All are working now.

I would appreciate if you could post the settings you are using, I just picked up the same laptop as you for my back up and are experiencing the same problems with the graphic cards !

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 1:49 pm
This is what worked for me. Google AMD drivers. Fill in steps 1-4 then display results. Should show a link to download verification tool, to make sure you get the right drivers. Download and run that, then install drivers. Don't use udated drivers from Dell's website. There is also and optional update from Windows update for Intel HD graphics, don't install or it will crash your system. If you haven't already, download the Registry Tool from VDJ. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html Run that, and at the bottom in the video section, it should have a 0 in videomemmaxuse, change that to 1. Click apply and close. Next go to your windows 8 start screen, click on desk top, right click on your desktop, click on configure switchable graphics. Click add applications, then programs, Virtual DJ Pro, then VDJ pro full. Once you've added it, you should find it listed in either the recent or all applications list. Use the drop down menu next to it and choose high performance. Then apply.
I also disabled all the live tiles on the windows start up screen, not sure if it was necessary, but I didn't like them anyway.
Hopefully this works for you, let me know.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 4:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)