Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio 19 MXR

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Could someone please post the correct configuration for using the American Audio 19 MXR with VDJ PRO? I installed all the software from the site so that I would have all the drivers. I can get the unit to do most of the functions but I have been unable to get Mic 1 or 2 working at all. I would consider myself an advanced user but this mixer really has my blood boiling. All I want to do is to be able to run both decks with the software and be able to use Mic 1 & 2 with the effects processor. I'm currently using a MacBook with OSX Mountain Lion.

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 11:47 am
The 19MXR manual tells you how to set it up for use with VDJ.

The mic inputs should work fine. You need to plug a mic into an input, turn up the volume for that input, turn up the master volume and you should be able to hear the mic from the speakers you've connected to the master output (either via an amp or directly if they're powered). You will need to use a standard dynamic mic rather than one that requires phantom power.

When you talk about using the mics "with the effects processor" are you referring to the reverb built in to the 19MXR?

I don't think you will be able to route the 19MXR mic signal to VDJ if that's what you mean. The 19MXR manual isn't exactly full of info, but I think the USB audio routing is only to & from the main mixer channels.

Posted Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 6:23 pm
you also have to press down on the mic knob to turn the mics on.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 6:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)