Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rane Sixty-Two with time codes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been told that VirtualDJ does not support 48khz sound cards...
I purchased the Rane Sixty-Two Mixer to work with Serato and VDJ and to my surprise,
I am having trouble using timecode in VDJ with this mixer.

This mixer is currently working with virtualDJ and the effects work and I can map out buttons but I want to use my Vinyl.

What is the easiest way to make this mixer work with VDJ timecode?
If I need to purchase another sound Card on top of the Rane Sixty-Two mixer please let me know.
This solution seems redundant and doesn't make sense since virtual DJ should support high Quality sound cards since it is a better program.

Please help if you can..
Thank you in advance for giving us a great product..
Let's make this product supersede the competition and prove to the world VDJ is truly the best.

MySystem:

10.8.3 Mountian Lion 20" IMAC - i7 - 2.7GHZ 4gb memory 512mb video card.
2 Technic 1200's
Ortofon 120
Rane sixty-two mixer.

Posted Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 4:49 pm
I'm in the same boat but I'm using a DJM T1 which is only 48hz. I just use my SL3. I believe we'll have to wait until 8 comes out but then I'm not even sure if it'll work on the Mac side........ I have faith it'll work.

Posted Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 9:53 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It's not VDJ, it's the Rane drivers. They made the drivers so that you can only use timecodes in Serato on a Mac, and not in any other program. I talked with Rane and they said that they had no plans to change it to work with VDJ. They want you to use Serato. It will work as an audio card with audio programs, and will use midi, but not timecode signals. I've got an SL1 and SL4, and neither will work with timecodes in VDJ.

Sorry.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 12:57 pm

Posted Fri 27 Sep 13 @ 10:08 pm
No it wont help cause VDJ doesnt support 48khz sound cards with time codes...........

Posted Sat 28 Sep 13 @ 11:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)