Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixdeck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bgs1372PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi,

I have a Numark Mixdeck. I have given up trying to get it to work properly with my Macbook. So I am going to buy a PC Laptop to run the Numark Mixdeck. All the new PC's come with windows 8, So my question is will VDJ Pro edition work with Windows 8 and will the Numark Mixdeck also work with windows 8. Under the specs for the Mixdeck on the Numark website it doesn't mention if its compatible with Windows 8. I want to answer these questions before I go out and purchase a PC Laptop to run The Mixdeck with VDJ

Thanks
Derek

Posted Sun 02 Jun 13 @ 7:21 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can't say anything about the mixdeck as I don't own one myself.
But VDJ and Win 8 are working fine.
I'm using Win 8 since RTM Version and have no problems.

Posted Mon 03 Jun 13 @ 6:31 am
The latest VirtualDJ v7.4 will work with Windows 8, but before purchasing you should check with the manufacturer Numark ( http://www.numark.com ) to ensure that the MixDeck is compatible. You should also do the same for any other hardware devices that you are using.

Posted Mon 03 Jun 13 @ 6:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bgs1372 wrote :
I have a Numark Mixdeck. I have given up trying to get it to work properly with my Macbook.

What seems to be the issue?

Are you using these settings :
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4)
Sound card: 4 out card -> Choose the MixDeck Quad from the list

Also, make sure that the USB Audio switch on the back of the MixDeck Quad is set to PRG/CUE.
And, Set all of the mixer channel source selection switches to USB/MIDI.

Posted Mon 03 Jun 13 @ 10:18 am
bgs1372PRO InfinityMember since 2012
The problem I am having with the Macbook is that I get the Mixdeck working good for awhile then it will start to freeze. Just now I had evrything working great I shut everything off and started everything again and now it won't work again. I have been having may issues running this unit from My Mac, It runs seemlessly with an older PC I have.

Posted Mon 03 Jun 13 @ 4:29 pm
mbemttPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I just purchase a window 8, I Downloaded VDJ it is playing well, but went playing with Numark Mixdeck the song quality is bad. Don't have any ideas how to solve the problem. I downloaded numark hard drive with the mapping automatically. it is a 64 bit operating system.
Thanks

Posted Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 1:52 pm
mixdeck quad is working with virtual dj pro but i cant listen to cue up my next track?
Ive configured my output to advance mixdeck quad speakers that is the only way i can get music through my amp and speakers
But cue mix and cue volume is both doing volume for the first deck and i cant listen to my second deck on headphones
Everything else is working fine

Posted Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 3:22 pm
I just downloaded virtual dj 8 on my macbook pro and have a numark mixdeck everything works fine on my mac but i get nothing from the deck and when i go into settings it doesn't show numark anywhere for me to configure it so i figure since i haven't used it on my macbook before theres some sort of software i'll need? where can i find it?

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)