Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX Virtual DJ Cross Fader Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

I bought my hercules rmx about two years ago but I stopped djing for a while and now I\'ve decided to try to pick it back up. I just installed my hercules drivers and Virtual DJ 5.22 LE (the software that came with the hercules). Everything has worked fine but the cross fader doesn\'t seem to be working properly. Virtual DJ recognizes the cross fader and moves it on the screen as I move it on the console, however, it doesn\'t change the sets. Moving the crossfader to the right won\'t play the song on the right. The only way I can move from deck to deck is by using the cue select button. The crossfader plays no role. How do I fix that? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I also tried this same thing with the Virtual DJ Home (free version) and its doing the same thing. The cross fader is recognized and when I move it on the console it moves on virtual dj but only the cue select buttons change the decks. The crossfader can\'t be used to change decks.

Please Help!

Thanks

Posted Sun 26 May 13 @ 10:34 pm
hipfanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
You are using an old version of both vdj and your rmx go the hercules web site and down load the new drivers for the rmx,and we are on version 7 of vdj.

Posted Mon 27 May 13 @ 6:54 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Make sure your speakers connected to Output 1-2.

If the are connected to output 3-4 (which gets the same signal as the headphone output) it is perfectly normal that the CUE Select buttons will dictate what you hear.

Posted Mon 27 May 13 @ 6:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hipfan wrote :
You are using an old version of both vdj and your rmx go the hercules web site and down load the new drivers for the rmx,and we are on version 7 of vdj.

There is no newer version than v5.2.2 for rmx.
At least not in my dl-center.

Posted Mon 27 May 13 @ 7:47 am
hipfanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Sorry what I ment is, don't use the disk that came with the rmx go directly to the site and get the drivers from there.

Posted Wed 29 May 13 @ 8:04 am

Posted Wed 29 May 13 @ 12:45 pm
I have vdj7 & the Hercules RMX controller. Ive had this 3 yrs now.. I just resently started having problems with the cross fader shaking in place on screen on my lap top & was not responding smoothly when I started moving it left to right (testing it) from the RMX.... I immediately uninstalled (corrupt) drivers.... downloaded , installed lastest version of drivers for windows 7 from this very site... all went well..... but when I went to try the cross fader NOTHING.... every other function responded from the RMX controller except the cross fader... The cross fader would work if I grabbed it with the mouse on screen...... So I waited till the next day to uninstall & reinstall drivers..... same thing all works fine except the cross fader......... being a DJ since the early 80s the cross fader is the most important function after the pitch........ HELP !!!!!!!

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 1:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)