Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Setting A Custom Effect To EQ knob

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

emul0usHome userMember since 2011
hey everyone. been using virtual dj for quite some time now. recently i got a high/low pass filter and i managed to set them up to my EQ knobs. HOWEVER, in order to use the custom filter, i need to push one of my effect buttons and then use the eq knob to take effect.

i have a numark n4. here's what the coding for each looks like:

SMART_LOOP: effect 'custom_filter' active
EQ_HIGH: effect 'custom_filter' slider 1

basically in order to use the effect, i need to activate it by pushing the smart loop button, and only then can i use my eq_high knob to actually make the sound. (left for low pass, right for high pass)

my question: is there anyway to set the filter so i can ONLY use the knob and it will automatically use the filter, without having to push the smart_loop button?

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 1:10 am
this should do it. It will turn the effect off if in the middle, but turn it on if off center as well as control the first slider.

param_greater 48% ? param_smaller 52% ? effect 'custom_filter' active off & effect 'custom_filter' slider 1 : effect 'custom_filter' active on & effect 'custom_filter' slider 1 : effect 'custom_filter' active on & effect 'custom_filter' slider 1

this will only work in VDJ Pro

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 4:46 am
nice. however, only half way there. it works only to the right - the knob stops in the center when i try turning it to the left. in other words i have only a high pass filter with this coding, no low pass. =x

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 11:13 pm
oh whoa.. nevermind it works. 2 things - i have another parameter knob set to slider 1 so i think i just had to fiddle with that real quick or 2, i had to actually left click the effect.. one of those 2 must have made a tweak. thanks for responding man. great help.

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 11:21 pm
not sure what you mean? did you mean that you wanted to turn the second effect slider off at 0%? or do you want it to be off at 50%

Posted Sat 18 May 13 @ 9:14 pm
it works only on the right side, how do it make it so it works on the left eq and the right eq? can you please write the left slider 1 and right slider 2 for me? i have a mixdeck quad..

my eq's are

eq_high 2 and eq_high 3, does this affect the sides?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)