Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Mp3 e2 NOT WORKING

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have been using my hercules dj mp3 e2 with virtual dj for about 2 weeks and everything has been fine. However suddenly when opening virtual dj the controller is no longer recognised. It is not available as a mapping device. I have re installed both virtual dj and the controllers newest drivers numerous times and even performed a factory restore! The only potential problem I can see from looking at various forums is that the device is not showing up as a HID or sound,video or game controller. It just shows up as a separate option within the device manager however it says it is installed correctly and shows up in the dj series control panel. I literally have no idea what to do?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 6:45 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Which Version of VDJ do you use...?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 6:34 am
I had pro but I even uninstalled that and now have VDLE to see if that would work but it hasnt so for the time being I am just continuing with the free version until the problem is fixed.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 9:45 am
VDJ LE supports only the hardware it came with....If the LE you are using was bundled with your controller, you can register your LE here...http://de.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and check if there is an update avaliable...

greetz
rob

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 10:16 am
Thanks Rob, I think thats the solution, the only problem is I bought the controller off ebay and it hasnt come with a serial! So im not sure what to do.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 12:31 pm
Have you looked at the bottom of your controller...?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:25 pm
Yes, I've checked everything like the envelope the CD came in but nothing, is there any way to get it working? Thanks.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 7:40 pm
I personally would return it to the eBay shop because it is incomplete.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 11:42 pm
I would also follow Heiko`s recomment, and send it back. The Mp3e2 is not really expensive, and you can get it in an onlinestore like Am**on for a few bugs bundled with a VDJ LE and a serial that works...;-)

greetz
rob

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 1:19 am
If it's second hand then the CD and/or serial may not have been included because the original owner used it to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro. Once registered, serials are not transferable - Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Serial%20Transfer.html

The seller should have made this clear to any potential purchasers, so if this is not the case, you may be able to return it to them for refund. Otherwise, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional if you wish to use the MP3e2 with VirtualDJ: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 4:08 am
hello...

I currently own the Hercules dj mp3 e2 and I unfortunately cannot get my controller to work..i even tried the bundled vdj le that came with it and did the update that was to offer and still nothing... my controller just simply"doesnt light up once plugged into my usb port... there is nothing wrong with any of my ports as I have other evices plugged in via usb for example... webcam,headset,keyboard and even my external hard drive and those all work fine. I even went to the extreme of buying a new usb cable to see if that would solve it, but unfortunately..Nothing , my controller was purchased brand new and however I still have proof of purchase but I don't think anything can be done with it as its warranty has expired and to be honest I cant afford to buy a new one ive seen even 2nd hand ones go at stupid prices, so really even trying the bundled vdj le software if your controller don't work is not an option, I know ive done it and I know for a fack that my controller is dead... guessing mainboard has gone up in smoke

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 3:54 am
Unfortunately, if it's out of warranty then there's little that you can do except attempt to repair it yourself if you have electrical skills or take it to a shop for repair, but given the cost of the MP3e2 it may be cheaper to simply purchase a new replacement.

It could be something as simple as a broken or faulty USB socket on the controller, or as you say, the main board may be dead.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 11:16 am
Iv got vdj 8 pro and all so av a hurcals mp3 e2 and I can't get the controller 2 work

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 7:42 am

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 9:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)