Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Convert WAV to VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to Convert WAV to VDJ?
i have some bundle packs of breakbeat loops and Effects but they are in WAV. So was curious if i can do this? and if so.. how do i go about doing it.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 2:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
.vdj is .ogg iirc.

The sampler will accept other formats though.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 4:47 pm
Please bear in mind that any loops you import in that way will not sync to the VDJ decks, because they won't have been analysed for tempo by VDJ.

The sampler in VDJ is designed to record loops from the decks, which will then have the relevant tempo information and can be made to sync properly.

It sucks for anyone with a loop library that wants to sync loops to tracks in VDJ, but hopefully VDJ 8 will have a more fully featured sampler.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 10:53 am
you just need to load the wav onto a deck then right click the bpm button to open the advanced bpm options. Here you can simply set the bpm of the sample the same as listed on the sample pack and arrange the grid to suit the sample.

next you set a loop on the sample loaded to the deck to cover the part you wish to record (you don't have to be playing the track for this to work) then simply press record on the sampler slot you wish to record it into.

You can't save samples in VDJ LE so they will be lost when you exit the software. This isn't a problem in the full version though. I use a mapping so when I press a button it enters a loop then on release it records the sample exits the loop and pops up the sampler save window. Huey just posted it last week sometime, google should find it for you .

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 11:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)