Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording a podcast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Guys,

I have downloaded the free version, it looks great. I am looking to record a free podcast which will contain music and voice.
Am i able to record voice via my microphone between songs?

I am working from a laptop, as well an an internal microphone I do have a much better quality microphone that connects via a usb port.

If I am able to also record voice via the microphone what is the best way to set that up?

Any help would be great

Thanks,
Karl

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 6:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Home Free version is not supporting any MIC input. Actually you can listen the MIC through the speakers, but will not be recorded. You can however record samples with your voice using another application and use them as samples (loaded to a sampler slot)

MIC support is available in Broadcaster (limited to the built in mic only, not any USB mic) , Basic and Pro Full versions. http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 11:34 am
Thanks for the information.

Do the basic and pro versions support a USB mic? or is that a mic only into the soundcard/mic socket

Thanks again

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 3:54 am
edpepsiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I would like to create a Podcast with an MP3 file that i just finished recording but have no clue where to begin and what to do. I see the previous posts but have no Idea where to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I basically want to upload my file and get a link to the address where people can listen to it.

Thank you very much,

Ed

Posted Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 7:27 pm
There's a podcast area on everyone's Home Page here, but unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to upload a complete finished file.

It seems the only way to "upload" a podcast here is to broadcast live.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 6:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)