Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stereo to Mono output

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all. I noticed there is only a stereo to mono converter software for windows. Has anyone developed their own technique to get around this issue? When I play at a bar I don't want to bring more speakers than I have to!

The only conclusion I can think to this would be to get a new mixer that has its own mono/stereo button? I was also told you can get a different set of wires, which converts the frequencies themselves to mono. Can anyone confirm this works?

Thank you for viewing!

Posted Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 11:01 am
No need to buy the cable really. You can do this with the advanced config under sound setup. How you set it up will depend on what sound card you are using. For example if you are just using the headphone out jack, you will check the mono channels box then you will another box pop up for master and headphone. Now change both the left and right boxes to mono. Now you have mono output.

For a 4 channel out sound card it basically works the same way. Just select deck 1 for channels 1 and 2 & deck 2 for channels 3 and 4. Change to left and right to mono and now you have a mono 4 channel setup.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 9:32 pm
Awesome. Thanks man...if I could rep you I would haha

Posted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 8:36 pm
Hi. This works easily in VD7, but I am having trouble with the Advanced Config in VDJ8. I use a Native instrument Audio 2 DJ interface, 4 chnl. Please offer some insight into stereo to mono config in the VDJ8 Audio Settings for a mono output.

I am buying a Bose L1 system (single speaker) and my mixer has no mono output.

Thank you

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)